Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I increase my speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I downloaded dolphin and I tried running Call of Duty: Finest Hour. Everything worked fine. I had Speed:100% until halfway through the loading screen. The speed was sitting at 64% and it was laggy. I had a high FPS and VPS amount, though.
I took this screenshot. The speed and FPS were both much lower than before.
Is it just the game, or what?
[attachment=7604]
This game is very demanding, your CPU is not good enough. There is nothing you can do other than buying something better. Try some other games instead.
You've got a AMD Phenom II X4 970, right? Overclock it. (This can help a little bit)

And post your settings.
(04-21-2012, 06:11 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]This game is very demanding, your CPU is not good enough. There is nothing you can do other than buying something better. Try some other games instead.

Do you know the specs required? I have a gaming PC that I haven't had any lag on other games. But I've never used dolphin.
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor/CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
Memory/RAM: 8.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-592 64-Bit
PC games will run fine, but emulation is very different and is not to be compared. Your best bet is to use an i5-2500k overclocked for Dolphin.
(04-21-2012, 06:12 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You've got a AMD Phenom II X4 970, right? Overclock it. (This can help a little bit)

And post your settings.

Thanks! When I first got the computer the heatsink had fallen off, breaking many things and causing complications.. the man who built it came to my house and fixed it, but turned the overclocking down.
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor/CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
Memory/RAM: 8.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-592 64-Bit
(04-21-2012, 06:12 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You've got a AMD Phenom II X4 970, right? Overclock it. (This can help a little bit)

And post your settings.
Actually, completely off. I believe I remember how to do it, but I don't want to risk anything.
If you remember aftermarket cooling and thermal paste, there is barely any risk that it will break before it is completely obsolete anyway, so is only worth a few pounds/dollars/euros.
This game is one of the most demanding GC games. Btw Call of Duty 2 doesn't work (please devs Tongue)