Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to run well dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Edward Elric

Hi guys!!, I read the post: ''minium specs'' and I have some questions.

With this Pc I can run some games with a good speed (70-80), but others with only 40%-60%
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 245 Processor, 2913 MH
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (1 Gb)
Memory/RAM: 3 GB

My question is if I have to buy something or change some configuration of the PC or dolphin

PD.: sorry if my english is not good I'm studying it Blush
Your CPU is too slow
Best option: Get new CPU (Intel Core i5-2500k) and a new MoBo (P67/Z68) for overclocking. Or you can wait till Ivy Bridge, which needs a Z75/Z77 MoBo.
I bet Intel is making Hugh Profits because of this Emulator Smile
Yeah, they should compensate us for all our advertising Tongue
They kind of have to design chips just for us, though. What other normalish use is there for 4.4GHz of i5? Video stuff (which threads well) goes on an i7, and mathematicians like their own supercomputers. This has to balance out what we earn them.

But seriously, what else needs that level of non-well-threaded power?
Driving Quadfire and 4-way-SLI setups?
Quote:But seriously, what else needs that level of non-well-threaded power?

Rendering/scientific/engineering/encoder/encryption/decryption/compression/decompression applications just to name a few. Although a lot of those benefit from multithreading a lot. Games make more use of dual threaded horsepower similar to dolphin but developers never tend to aim too high with their requirements since they want systems with older cpus to still be able to run their applications reasonably well. And then there is good ole compilers. Programmers tend to prefer systems with good single threaded performance since that allows them to compile their code faster.
Ok, so we aren't forcing them to make things just for us. In that case we can demand advertising money (although we won't get it).