Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Should i buy a new CPU heatsink?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i was running dolphin last night and the air coming out the back of the case was pretty hot so today i ran it for 30mins and the temps went up somewhat

[Image: CRxQj.jpg]
Hopefully the mortal kombat fans get the joke there

Is it recommended i buy a new heatsink (currently on stock) and if so any low price ones you guys would recommend.

pretty sure my mobo has the 775 socket
The temps are okay. Everything under 70 degrees is okay (in my opinion) Wink
Those temps are totally fine. No need to worry.
I guess it will be ok for now then but il be getting one when my new mobo gets here so i can overclock it as i currently cant with the POS HP one im currently using
the air who is blown at the back
could also be your gpu or psu...
Wink
Quote:the air coming out the back of the case was pretty hot so today

That means the cooling unit is doing its job. It's supposed to send the heat out of the system via air currents in order to prevent the heat from building up in the hardware.
(04-21-2012, 08:39 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:the air coming out the back of the case was pretty hot so today

That means the cooling unit is doing its job. It's supposed to send the heat out of the system via air currents in order to prevent the heat from building up in the hardware.

i know i just didnt like how toasty the CPU was getting. planning on getting a new heatsink when i order my new mobo that will let me overclock it as the stock on is pretty much a fail
.....but it's not getting toasty. 51 C is nothing for a modern cpu.