Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: lag problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mattketchum

Operating System: 7
Processor/CPU: Intel core2 duo CPU 2.20 GHz
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8400
Memory/RAM: 2048MB RAM
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-529-dirty

i am having lag problems like SERIOUS lag problems
i need help i can't re-live my childhood XD
i copyed and pasted my specs from dx diag and my dolphin versio from the program listing on my start bar

can someone PLEASE help

i don't think its my graphics card because i can play most games on high quality for pc and i have a good 40 GB left of memory help please
Your CPU is too weak .
Minimum Requirement :
i3/i5/i7 @ 2.5Ghz or Core 2 duo/Phenom II 3.2Ghz for GC games
i3/i5/i7 @ 3.0Ghz or Core 2 duo/Phenom II 3.6Ghz for Wii games
And your GPU will not handle anything higher than 480p
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414

mattketchum

dammit!
If you'd have done some research prior to posting here, you would have realized that your computer is too weak to run Dolphin adequately. Just searching the Hardware forum or checking out the Dolphin wiki would have told you that.

At any rate, you shouldn't compare modern PC games and Dolphin's emulation. They're too different kinds of programs, each with its own demands on hardware. Many games rely on the GPU for their performance, and even machines equipped with mid-range CPUs can get great performance if the GPU is good enough. Dolphin uses the GPU for things like internal resolution, anti-aliasing, and anisotropic filtering. If your GPU is good enough, then most of the remaining performance is reliant on the CPU. However, some PC games are fairly demanding on the CPU, and some games in Dolphin stress the GPU more so than others. Still, PC gaming is not equivalent to Dolphin emulation, so getting high-quality PC gaming does not guarantee good Dolphin performance.