Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will I be able to run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! I just heard about Dolphin so I've been reading a lot about it! Would love to play some Wii games!

I am just wondering if I can run dolphin with my set up? I would love to play Xenoblade!

Anyways, my set up is:

Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 Ghz
6144Mb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 540M
Why don't you just try it if you've already got the hardware? Wink

At any rate, have any other games in mind? In general, it should do alright, taking into account its turbo boost capabilities, though full-speed in especially demanding games will be out of your reach. Unfortunately, Xenoblade falls into that category with LLE audio turned on. It'll be playable, but not at 100% all the time. Have a look at the Dolphin Wiki entry for this game, as others have posted their specs and corresponding performance. You should also check it out for any other games you're interested in.
Thanks for your time! I just tried it, and sadly it didn't work. It worked fine for the first few seconds and then it started to lag Sad
Try Vbeam
Download Realtemp to check your CPU temp when running dolphin , if possible could you post a screenshot as well
(04-19-2012, 12:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try Vbeam
Download Realtemp to check your CPU temp when running dolphin , if possible could you post a screenshot as well

Thanks, I will do it first thing tomorrow! Feeling kind of sleepy right now!
(04-19-2012, 12:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try Vbeam

[Image: pCuIq.png]

This is my screenshot. The speed % was always around 60-80, but in the first 10-20 seconds of the start movie it was actually like 150%. Sometimes the lag kind of stopped, but the sound was still choppy!
imgur link doesn't show? Here's the Link:
http://imgur.com/pCuIq
Quote:imgur link doesn't show?

Fixed your link.
Your CPU is overheating . I5 2410M can turbo boost :
_2.9Ghz in single core mode
_2.6Ghz in dual core mode (Dolphin uses 2 cores)
If it overheat , turbo boost will be disabled (above 75C)
(04-20-2012, 09:25 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is overheating . I5 2410M can turbo boost :
_2.9Ghz in single core mode
_2.6Ghz in dual core mode (Dolphin uses 2 cores)
If it overheat , turbo boost will be disabled (above 75C)

Okey. So there's basically no way for me to play Xenoblade then?
(04-20-2012, 12:15 PM)sverdo Wrote: [ -> ]Okey. So there's basically no way for me to play Xenoblade then?

Not only Xenoblade but also dolphin emu , PCSX2 emu
That temp will damage your laptop motherboard and other component
If your laptop has warranty , you should send it back and tell the seller : Replace thermal compound or my laptop overheat or sth
If you're technician :
_Buy Arctic Cooling MX-4
_Disassembly your laptop (search video tutorial via youtube , EX: search "Disassembly Dell XPS 15 ")
_Clean the old thermal compound on CPU ,GPU , Intel Chipset then reapply Arctic MX-4