Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What performance would i get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So iv downloaded the EMU and am wondering if its worth finding my gamecube discs that i own to play them or should i invest in better hardware before i do that.
The games im looking to be able to run are the legend of zelda the wind waker, sonic adventure and the resident evil's. (0,1,2,3 code veronica X)
i would want these to run at a playable FPS graphic details im really not bothered about

if i needed to upgrade my video card what would be a decent not too expensive card to go with, i dont really have hundreds to spend just on a video card.

windows vista x86 (i know i should upgrade to 7 i will someday)
intel core 2 duo E8400 3ghz
ATI radeon 5450 1gb ddr3 (overclocked: GPU 700mhz memory 750hmz)
2gb DDR2 ram (4gb in 2-3 days when i get it in the mail)
It should run those games pretty well. A 5450 is only good enough to handle 1x IR (standard definition). I suggest buying a better graphics card so you can enjoy dolphins high resolution rendering capabilities.
(04-19-2012, 04:04 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]It should run those games pretty well. A 5450 is only good enough to handle 1x IR (standard definition). I suggest buying a better graphics card so you can enjoy dolphins high resolution rendering capabilities.

Yeah i plan to, i got the PC for £70 (about $110 USD) so i really cant complain that its not the best of machines.
Please for the love of god lower the font size of your signature.
(04-20-2012, 09:55 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Please for the love of god lower the font size of your signature.

Bwahahahaha!Big Grin
(04-20-2012, 09:55 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Please for the love of god lower the font size of your signature.

is that better?
yeah Wink
Quote:is that better?

Much, thank you.