Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I downloaded Dolphin awhile ago working quite smoothly for months. Zelda TP ran at 90-100% in most dungeons, but plummeted to 46% in Hyrule Field. All of a sudden I get an error: "Could not set working directory (error 123: *file name, directory name or volume label is incorrect*). The asterisked may be inaccurate, just a translation, since the rest of the error read as korean. The strange thing is that it happened roughly same time as my IE stopped downloading things. Games on the list were also removed, and cannot setup a new file. If I try to directly open an iso, it will loop back to choosing a directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
51 views and no answers? Someone has had to have the same error!
Re-download dolphin. If that doesn't work then it's windows' fault.
(04-18-2012, 06:58 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Re-download dolphin. If that doesn't work then it's windows' fault.

Hmm.. I see. Perhaps my Windows is broken, would you suggest that I restore it?
Thanks.
(04-18-2012, 06:58 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Re-download dolphin. If that doesn't work then it's windows' fault.

Not really. My guess is that it's a limitation of NTFS which can't store some of korean characters which are used by the game. Anyway, you could try opening an issue on our googlecode homepage (IF there doesn't exist one already).
Just an update... Dolphin seems to be working successfully now. If Windows could not detect in the hardrive, I could just simply move it to another hardrive: D-drive.. Some error message keeps showing up though. And that, is how you fix error:123
Actually, everytime I press "Fn" key when game is launched it always does the Load function. This makes me unable to target the program and use Intel SpeedStep Technology (by pressing Fn+F8) to gain the few extra FPS..
Actually, everytime I press "Fn" key when game is launched it always does the Load function. This makes me unable to target the program and use Intel SpeedStep Technology (by pressing Fn+F8) to gain the few extra FPS..
(04-19-2012, 03:51 AM)wishba Wrote: [ -> ]Just an update... Dolphin seems to be working successfully now. If Windows could not detect in the hardrive, I could just simply move it to another hardrive: D-drive.. Some error message keeps showing up though. And that, is how you fix error:123

Slow down there. We only need to read it once. I think that you need to look for the thread about a similar problem, which was that the play, pause buttons etc. on the top of some keyboards triggered the load function, as there was a fix.
(04-19-2012, 03:51 AM)wishba Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, everytime I press "Fn" key when game is launched it always does the Load function. This makes me unable to target the program and use Intel SpeedStep Technology (by pressing Fn+F8) to gain the few extra FPS..
there is a workaround posted here
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid208078
Yep, that thread.
(04-19-2012, 08:53 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2012, 03:51 AM)wishba Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, everytime I press "Fn" key when game is launched it always does the Load function. This makes me unable to target the program and use Intel SpeedStep Technology (by pressing Fn+F8) to gain the few extra FPS..
there is a workaround posted here
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid208078

Thank you.