Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

I've just installed the 3.0 release of Dolphin but I've having some issues setting up some of the games I own just the way I like them.

I'm trying to play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Super Mario Sunshine (among others) but I can't seem to get the emulator to run them in widescreen. I've selected 'Force 16:9', 'Force 4:3' and 'Stretch to Window', along with the 'Widescreen Hack' and nothing happens. The resolution is set for 1920x1080 (which is my native resolution), but still it's the standard resolution (non-widescreen).

Along with that, the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle game has a black band at the bottom of the game, so it isn't at the bottom of my screen, but Super Mario Sunshine is. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Anyway, does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!

(Both games were ripped from the PAL (they show up as EUROPE when I look at the game info) versions of the game, if that helps!)
Those Games don't have Widescreen Support, otherwise you get Fat Characters when using 16:9

Check here for 16:9 games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nin...:9_support
I remember playing them in widescreen before on previous revisions of Dolphin, why has it changed? Having "Fat Characters" never really bothered me so much...
(04-17-2012, 09:12 PM)parasite64 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys!

Along with that, the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle game has a black band at the bottom of the game

Set "External Frame Buffer" to Virtual to get rid of that black band