Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I use this hardware setup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently can spend around 300 euros, so I decided to get some new hardware for my older pc. First my PC:

Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/17/2011, 20:53:34
       Machine name: ASDASD-1B0B3FD4
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
           Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 3070MB RAM
          Page File: 737MB used, 4218MB available

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_080110B0&REV_A2
   Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

Motherboard : Asus M2N-E SLI nForce 500

mainboard

RAM

CPU

I hope this setup is okay so far.

Could you give me suggestions for a graphic card? I'll mostly play emulators so it doesn't has to be the best.
somewhere around 50- max 100 € would be great.
Thanks for any help (:
Quote:Don't list your specs and then run off. Listing your specs (PC hardware information) and then asking what speeds you should expect would not be a valid post. Other things are needed from you, like exactly which games you want to play and what level of graphic detail you want or expect. Depending on the game, full-speed can be achieved on an average PC or the game could need a PC that is very powerful. It's not a simple all yes or all no answer (unless your PC is really outdated), so give more details when you post.
I would definitely swap that motherboard for a p67/z68 motherboard.
The motherboard you've picked does not support overclocking.

A good Z68 choice would be the Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3.
As for the GPU, a good GPU choice would be the 6750.
Oh.. Is overclocking really necessary? I dont even know how to do that :S.
Thanks anyways (:

Sorry @ Starscream
I posted what I wanted to do with the PC before but accidentaly deleted the post. After I rewrote it I forget about it.
mostly I want to use my pc for emulators but I would also like to be able to play games like skyrim with decent - good graphics.
Quote:Oh.. Is overclocking really necessary? I dont even know how to do that
Yes it is, if you plan to emulate more intensive games, like Super Mario Galaxy with LLE, The Last Story etc, you'll want to overclock to get better performance.
Overclocking has become really easy with the 2500K. The only thing you have to do is raise the multiplier while keeping the voltages so that you can boot up and stay stable.
You'll have to get a third-party CPU cooler though, the boxed one is trash.

Quote:mostly I want to use my pc for emulators but I would also like to be able to play games like skyrim with decent - good graphics.
Well, that changes things a bit. You will want a better GPU than the 6750 then, if you want to play at a high resolution, with high graphical settings.
Don't bother going for a 6950 though if you only want good graphics, as I have everything maxed out in skyrim, with high res texture dlc, and graphics mods. As I said, if you only want good, go for something in the 68xx region.
Okay Thank you.
I'll buy a GPU later...
What power supply do I need for this setup?
450/500 W are enough.
Ahh. Thank you very much.
I was worried I have to buy a new power supply -_-"
Do I need a big pc tower or is this one enough?

http://www.amazon.de/Raidmax-Ninja-Geh%C...B000CNKE0Q
That should be big enough, but I'd read some reviews before committing to it as you can't see the inside.