Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emulator 3.0 592-Dirty doesn't work well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JorisCeoen

Hi people, I'm new here so I don't know exactly how things go, but I'll do my best. I got 2 main questions!

First of all, my specs:

- Operating System = MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
- CPU = Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
- RAM = 8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
- Motherboard = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55A-UD3 (Socket 1156)
- Graphics = Club 3D ATI Radeon HD 5870
- Monitor(s) = Samsung SyncM B2230 + Philips FTV (Full HD@60Hz)

- Cooling:
* 2x120mm ANTEC fans
* 3xTriCoolLED ANTEC Fans
* 1x120mm Scythe Mugen 2 rev.B SCMG-2100 (CPU Cooler)
* Fan controller Scythe Kaze Q8 KQ02-BK-3.5

- Hard Drives
* 1954GB Western Digital WD20EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device J: (SATA)
* 977GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device F: (SATA)
* 977GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device C: (SATA)
* 977GB Lacie HD L: (FAT32 External Drive)

- Optical Drives
* HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
* PSDI 5Q7SXAVG9 SCSI CdRom Device
* UDINC MN4XA3OXMJCT SCSI CdRom Device
* UDINC MN4XA3OXMJCT SCSI CdRom Device (2)
* HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GBC-H20N ATA Device

- Audio = ASUS Xonar D2 Audio Device

Q1) Now... On a previous version, Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-589, I could run my Mario Kart: Double Dash very fine, it worked perfectly. On the Dolphin Emulator 3.0 592-Dirty, very last version atm, it loads the screen, but doesn't go to the page where you must click "Start". It simply keeps black. If I got back to the previous one, it still works. I have no idea why this happens. Besides, how can you keep saving data from one version to another? It's kinda enervating to have to start all over again, especially Brawl for example.

Q2) Is there any way to make Super Smash Bros Brawl or any 60FPS game for Wii or GC to force running into 30FPS WITHOUT having this terrible halvation of the speed? I would love to record for Youtube with FRAPS so I can show gameplay walkthroughts. Recording in 60fps and rendering in 30fps makes the videos somewhat fuzzy, not really keeping the real nice and perfect quality the emulator can offer to it's full potential.

I would love an answer on especially the second question, but both is fine too!

Many thanks beforehand Wink

Joris Ceoen
Q2

use DxTory and play in windowed mode.. no loss of speed for me Big Grin

JorisCeoen

(04-16-2012, 03:16 AM)giorgakis132 Wrote: [ -> ]Q2

use DxTory and play in windowed mode.. no loss of speed for me Big Grin

I know Dxtory but I paid for FRAPS so I won't do that. Besides, that doesn't help my problem. I want literally to play at 30fps. Youtube doesn't play @60fps so recording at that fps is useless...

The emulator can do it, I know it. I've seen videos without that fuzzy thing... I need to know it x)
Go to Emulation->Frame Skipping and set it to 1 to cut the fps in half. However, it provides almost no speedup.
There is no way to force the game to run at 30 fps and get a good speedup without hacking the game. Frameskipping is your only option.
(04-16-2012, 04:16 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way to force the game to run at 30 fps and get a good speedup without hacking the game. Frameskipping is your only option.

in old revision "watchdog" could do this job for some games
JorisCeoen Wrote:Besides, how can you keep saving data from one version to another?

Just copy over the user folder to transfer all your saves and settings

JorisCeoen

Hmmm... Ok thanks for all the replies. I'll record it at 60fps nevertheless in that case... Sad but it's better then nothing. I'm at least happy I can record it at 60fps!