Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which settings should I use to squeeze the absolute most out of Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I recently built an amazing computer (I think my specs show up somewhere on the site) and I tried playing Melee. It went... ok. I upped all the graphical stuff played with players and there was some weird stutters when a game ended or you chose a stage or event.

How do I maximize the potential with this? Also, Project:M demo 2 comes out tomorrow! How do you go about playing that on Dolphin?

Thanks!
Pls post your settings (screenshot) and we can help you Wink

Some little hints:
* Set backend to Direct3D9
* Check Lock Threads to Cores
* Check OpenMP Texture Decoder
Post your config menu and graphics menu as screenshots please.

By the way, on your profile you haven't written your current clock speed, which would be useful with an overclockable Sandy Bridge. You may need to take it higher if it is at stock.
Dah, he got there before me!
It's at stock, I'm planning on overclocking it soon though.

Pictures of my graphics settings incoming.

[Image: Dolphinsettings1.jpg]

[Image: Dolphinsettings2.jpg]

[Image: DolphinSettings3.jpg]

[Image: DolphinSettings4.jpg]
Yeah, some games like Super Mario Galaxy need an overclocked i5-2500k or better @ 4.4 GHz to run @ fullspeed (with LLE enabled). Just make sure, that you have a decent CPU aftermarket cooler. (And don't give the CPU too much Vcore)
(04-15-2012, 01:34 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, some games like Super Mario Galaxy need an overclocked i5-2500k or better @ 4.4 GHz to run @ fullspeed (with LLE enabled). Just make sure, that you have a decent CPU aftermarket cooler. (And don't give the CPU too much Vcore)

I got a great fan. It's huge and... I forgot what it's called. But it came highly recommended.

I have an i7! That makes it better! RIGHT?!
Quote:I have an i7! That makes it better! RIGHT?!

Nope, it doesn't benefit dolphin at all, but you've got the potential to match it, and you'll do good in applications which thread well, whereas dolphin can only use two cores (or 3 with LLE on thread).
Not really. HyperThreading don't improves the performance at all. HT is only useful, when you work with videos etc. But yeah, if you overclock your beast, you're able to run all games nearly @ fullspeed.

Damn, too slow Tongue btw: 1.100 posts Big Grin

Edit: concerning your settings: Activate the settings i mentioned some posts above. And uncheck "Enable Progressive Scan" and "V-Sync". Besides, set the IR to 4x (The GTX 680 should be able to handle 4x IR and 9xSSAA i think). Ans pls enable the Cache, when you're rusing EFB copies to RAM.
I beat you this time.
(04-15-2012, 01:47 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. HyperThreading don't improves the performance at all. HT is only useful, when you work with videos etc. But yeah, if you overclock your beast, you're able to run all games nearly @ fullspeed.

Damn, too slow Tongue btw: 1.100 posts Big Grin

Edit: concerning your settings: Activate the settings i mentioned some posts above. And uncheck "Enable Progressive Scan" and "V-Sync". Besides, set the IR to 4x (The GTX 680 should be able to handle 4x IR and 9xSSAA i think). Ans pls enable the Cache, when you're rusing EFB copies to RAM.

Alright, would it be cool if I checked back once I overclocked?

I did everything and it's still not FANTASTIC but it's definitely better.

EDIT 2: Tried TvC. Definitely need to overclock. Is it possible that Dolphin may one day use more cores?

Pages: 1 2