Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with Pikmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there!

I actually was able to finish playing Resident Evil Archives (was great!) now I started with Pikmin.

Problem: Already on Day 2 in the forest you receive new Pikmin. There should be a cutscene if you touch that "onion (that thing where the pikmins come out)" but the screen just stays black...

Edit: I found out that the same thing happens if I try to end the day (it's a cutscene again..) -> everything just stays black

System:
System Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 3.00 GHZ
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 TI
8.00 GB RAM

Using this rev:
Dolphin 3.0-591 - 64bit

Can you help me?

Regards
James Conner
Try using the latest Dolphin revisions and see if you can still reproduce the black screens. If not, post your settings so we can take a look at how you've configured Dolphin.

EDIT: Nvm, just saw that you are using the latest rev (your profile said otherwise). It's probably something in your settings then. Post them as text or a screenshot.
Which config parts do you need?
When you open Dolphin, click the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Screenshots often work better than posting your settings as text.
(04-14-2012, 08:20 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]When you open Dolphin, click the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Screenshots often work better than posting your settings as text.

[attachment=7595]

What's your oppinion on this? (If you have difficulties with translating some settings from German into English, you just gotta tell me!)

Edit: I have tested around, and actually found out that I had some difficulties with my emulated memory card.. it got fucked up (i guess by changing revisions or something) -> I made a new one now the game works like a charm (still testing around though)

Okay.. after testing the game: It works perfectly, no crashes - BUT the audio fucks up pretty badly (only the music ingame) I tried to change from Dsound to XAudio 2 and HZ 32000 and 48000 but it still doesn't work -> the music somehow gets mixed up like it play one part and then another one which both get fusioned Wink - hard to describe -> let's just say the audio fucks up..
Yeah, this game has quite a few audio bugs with HLE. The best solution is to use LLE audio, but to do that you need to dump your DSP files from your console. If you haven't done so yet, there's a guide here describing how to extract the files. Once you've done that, you should be able to use LLE audio in your DSP settings. While LLE audio solves most of the audio issues for this game, it is more demanding than HLE. If you're not getting 100% emulation speed already with HLE, LLE will sound pretty bad itself.
Thanks for the help Smile Finished the game today.. was great Big Grin