Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Quick Question about Xenoblade Chronicles NTSC-U?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone happen to know, since I can't figure out, for the NA release, did they redo the audio with american voice actors? I played through a little bit of the intro (runs at 30fps using 3.0-584), and it seems like it's still the british audio. It's not that I don't mind the brits, but I'd like to have normal english voices for a game this long.
Yes, afaik, all the English VA work is British. It's probably a good business decision; no need to do the VA twice for the same language. There's still subtitles and the original Japanese VA is there as well. The rest of the world has had to deal with American accents for a lot of games. Guess the shoe's on the other foot this time. :p

I personally like the VA for this game. So far, no one really annoys me, unlike in other JRPGs (I'm looking at you FFXIII).
Quote: normal english voices

You do realise normal English comes from England, which is in Britain. English is from England, American English (which is a variant, which is why its name is longer) comes from the USA.