Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will it be enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Bosk96

Hey everybody,the thing is,i have an integrated Intel gfx card,which i know is very weak,and i can't run many games on it. I am planning to buy a new gfx card,and i decided to buy Nvidia Geforce GT 520. Will it be enough to run Wii and Gamecube games over dolphin on normal speed? (I don't want to run it in HD or something special,just to be able to run it with normal FPS,even if i need to lower down the graphic details)
[Image: g1334256344877231833.jpg]

1. False forum
2. Read this -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=22118
3. Reported

Bosk96

(04-13-2012, 04:47 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ][Image: g1334256344877231833.jpg]

1. False forum
2. Read this -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=22118
3. Reported

Oh god you owned me so hard by posting a Boromir meme.
/sarcasm
The point is, you should have posted this in the Hardware Forum. And please read the forum rules before creating posts.

At any rate, the GT 520 is a fairly weak card, both for PC gaming and Dolphin. CyberPower wanted to give me that GPU, but I upgraded to something decent. Check out the Minimum GPU specs thread for info on roughly how well GPUs do with Dolphin. A GT 520 should be good enough for 1x Internal resolution, probably even some AA. Anything more will probably be asking too much. I'm not a GPU expert though, it might be better than your Intel IGP (depending on which one it is), but not by a phenomenal amount.
I hope OP is aware that a new GPU will not bring about any speed up whatsoever
(04-13-2012, 05:41 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope OP is aware that a new GPU will not bring about any speed up whatsoever

I hope that your aware that your wrong Sleepy
I hope the pair of you are aware it depends on the CPU and game. If he's running a 2500K at 4.5GHz then the slowdown will be the GPU. If he's running a pentium 4 then there's no way the GPU should be the first upgrade on his list.
(04-13-2012, 05:59 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the pair of you are aware it depends on the CPU and game. If he's running a 2500K at 4.5GHz then the slowdown will be the GPU. If he's running a pentium 4 then there's no way the GPU should be the first upgrade on his list.

I thought about saying that, but figured his CPU couldn't be THAT bad Tongue
I found a computer in my house (that I never use) which I thought had a core 2 duo had a pentium 4 last week. Makes you realise you should check what's attached to a motherboard before attaching things to it. The point is it could, as that computer was more than new enough to have one.
The OP probably has an Intel GMA X4500, which would bottleneck performance even at 1x with no AA. Those chips were made circa 2008 iirc, so the OP's CPU should be somewhat modern (not as old as a P4, thankfully). In that regard, a GT 520 would be a cheap, easy upgrade (about $40) and then at least the system might be able to play games at 1x. The CPU could turn out to be too weak to play Dolphin, but we can't say until the OP tells us the exact model.
Pages: 1 2