Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Change disc... hotkey in many buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My keyboard has a few more buttons then other keyboads,which are volume -, volume +, Mute, Play/Pause, Stop, Next, Previous and few more.

When I press, for example volume + (ingame) a window will open and "Select the file to load" (Change disc)

With those buttons [attachment=7592](volume -, volume +, Mute, Play/Pause, Stop, Next, Previous) a window will open for "Select the file to load" (Change disc)

Old revs doesn't have this issue.

Can someone say this for a dev or how can I disable this hotkey?
i can reproduce this, last revision without this problem on master r54801d93c4bf9c414cb6382d25d9533e31d7ae0b

issue starts on master with rd15740daf12454e96c8681fe23ae48384bb723e8

quick workaround that fixed it here, go to the hotkey mapper and click the change disc button and press the space bar (which clears it).

reason for the error: wxwidgets is returning either a ascii7 code, or an element of wxKeyCode enum. for these special keys it gives it the keycode of 0, which is the default when a hotkey has not been set. not sure why it didn't happen with wx 2.8 though

clearing the setting by pressing space assigns -1 as the hotkey, the fix would probably be to simply default to -1 instead of 0 for hotkeys. anyone who uses an old dolphin.ini file would experience the issue though.

and I don't know how common these extra keys are, they seem to be a lot more common than they used to be
Well I've have them on all the computers in my house (except the one I use) and I only noticed they weren't there when reading this, so they're common, but not commonly used.
Thanks @LPFaint99
Thanks LPFAINT99, that fixed it for me.