Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Overclock Core 2 Duo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hunsucker22

I'm trying to run Dolphin 3.0-458 on a 32-bit windows, with intel core2 duo processor @2.0 ghz. I tested out SSB Melee first, and the emulation is slow. I have the optimized settings (i.e. dual core and idle skipping checked and JIT Recompiler) for lower powered CPU's but it doesnt seem to speed up emulation all that much.

I'm not sure if there are any other settings I can tweak, but I was wondering if overclocking would be an okay option for me? And also, how high would it be safe to overclock without worrying about overheating (if you have a guesstimate, because I know there are monitoring programs that will keep an eye on the temp for you)? And lastly, will overclocking a little bit even show me the slightest performance increase, in your opinions?

Not trying to run Wii obviously, just some gamecube games (namely Zelda, Metroid, Smash Brothers, SMB Sunshine, maybe a couple others)

Also I'm new on the forums. Go easy on me if I sound redundant or just plain stupid. Thanks for the help!
I would first try the latest revision of Dolphin and see if that helps any. Then I'd use the 64bit build if possible.

Lastly, you'll probably need to overclock to 2.4Ghz at least and to do that you'll need a good cooler (not the stock one).

hunsucker22

(04-12-2012, 09:52 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]I would first try the latest revision of Dolphin and see if that helps any. Then I'd use the 64bit build if possible.

Lastly, you'll probably need to overclock to 2.4Ghz at least and to do that you'll need a good cooler (not the stock one).

Thanks for the suggestions. Would it really help performance to use the 64bit build on a 32bit OS?
You can't use a 64bit program on a 32bit OS.

hunsucker22

(04-12-2012, 10:40 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]You can't use a 64bit program on a 32bit OS.

I didnt think so...thats why i was confused
Try the JITL recompiler instead of the JIT