Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my rig run it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Abuhusayn

Hey guys, I would like to play Xenoblade. For now I'm mainly concerned about the fps, and would like to run it smoothly, even on the lowest settings if possible.
Later I might upgrade my system if necessary.

I have applied most speedhacks as af as I know.

So these are my system specs.
CPU: Intel dualcore e6850(OC @3.2 Ghz)
GPU: AMD RADEON HD6850
RAM: 4GB DDR2
WINDOWS VISTA

I use Dolphin_3-0-496, I have already applied the fps patch. But even in the first trailer and ingame movie, the fps goes down tot 16fps which is unplayable.
With the right settings and a build without the fps patch (as it slows it down on slower hardware) you could achieve playable speeds, but not necessarily full speed. If you post screenshots of all pages of your graphics and config menus we will be better able to tell you what to do to speed it up.
Your CPU is too slow. You can safely put up your Internal Resolution though as your GPU is perfectly capable of handling it.

Quote:I have already applied the fps patch.
Who keeps telling these people to apply the FPS patch?
Listen, the FPS patch lets you play at 30FPS instead of 25FPS. What is the point if you can't even maintain 25FPS stable?
It is also less noticable if your FPS fluctuates from 25 to 17 rather than 30 to 17.

The first time you take control in the game is a pretty heavy place. Once this scene is over, you should be able to get a more playable speed which should last you a while.
The game gets pretty intensive later, so you will surely get unbearable slowdowns later.
(04-11-2012, 07:04 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I have already applied the fps patch.
Who keeps telling these people to apply the FPS patch?
Listen, the FPS patch lets you play at 30FPS instead of 25FPS. What is the point if you can't even maintain 25FPS stable?

I blame AnyOldName Big Grin

Abuhusayn

to how much mhz should I oc my CPU to get full speed?
(04-11-2012, 08:19 AM)Abuhusayn Wrote: [ -> ]to how much mhz should I oc my CPU to get full speed?

Start at 3.2Ghz, then increase the frequency and voltage until you get a decent speed on Dolphin.
You may run full speed at the beginning however Frame Rate will drop from time to time
I have to stick with the lower slock speed i5 for stable Frame Rate