Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recommended settings for my system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

glenb83

Hi all,

What settings do you guys recommend for my system, specifically graphics settings if anyone has a system similar to mine. My specs are as follows:

i5-2500K (no overclock)
Gigabyte GTX460 (OC version) x2 in sli config
8GB ram
Monitor with 1920x1080 Full HD resolution.

Thanks in advance Smile
Your GPU should be able to handle 3x IR and PERHAPS 4xSSAA. Well first of all, you should find your optimal IR -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20712

and after, you can try Anti-Aliasing.
(04-09-2012, 03:34 PM)glenb83 Wrote: [ -> ]What settings do you guys recommend for my system, specifically graphics settings if anyone has a system similar to mine. My specs are as follows:

i5-2500K (no overclock)

Why people always be gettin' "k", but no OC Dodgy
But if you OC to like 4 GHz+ you can play almost all games fullspeed.
It does seem a waste of £8.30 to pay for a k you won't use.
In Germany (and probably in other countries), the "k" CPUs are usually a little bit cheaper than the non-k series. (dunno why)

@glenb: Get a good aftermarket CPU cooler and overclock your CPU to 4.4/4.5 GHz and you can play all games nearly at fullspeed. This is worth the 30/40 $ Wink
I am actually running this very processor myself without OC, I keep a close eye on my frames, and I'm rather pleased to say that I run 4x AA and 8x AF, on 2x native, forced widescreen in a 1366x768 window at 60 fps solid without decrease under load.

Edit: I'm using a pair of 560 GTX cards, under hardware (bridge) SLI.
I don't think dolphin supports crossfire/sli yet, and it may never do.
(04-10-2012, 09:11 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think dolphin supports crossfire/sli yet, and it may never do.

It doesn't and I'd say it never will for the same reason it will never be 4-core
Ok, then.