Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Specs help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

otataral

Hey guys. So i am pretty new to dolphin, but my friend told me about it, and i wanted to give it a go to play xenoblade, instead of playing it on my wii.

My specs should be below.

That being said i'm currently using 3.0-508 build with an audio fix for Xenoblade inegrated that i got from the xenoblade thread.
#.
I've tried a bunch of different settings, from 3x native to 1. native and anti aliasing from 4x ssaa and none.

For the most part the fps does not chance too much when i lower the settings. though it is better with lower setting. The fps tend to go between 30 and low 20ish during the beginning cut scenes. occasionally dropping to 20, and even an all time low of 15. The sound starts to get quite crackily once the frames start dropping.

After looking at a bunch of posts, i'm thinking that my cpu might be whats causing the slow downs. i know dolphin only uses 2 cores, with my cores at 2.8.

Would over clocking my cpu help and make the game go smoother? Any suggestions? Perhaps a different build of dolphin?

Thanks in advance.

I noticed my specs didnt show up. here they are.

amd phenom II x6 1055t at 2.8
ati radeon 5850
4 gigs ddr3
ga-890fxa-ud5

windows 7 64 bit
Okay, first of all, pls post your settings. (screenshot) And yeah, overclocking is the best way to improve the FPS rate. Just make sure, that you've got a decent CPU aftermarket cooler.
Your CPU is too slow. You'll have to overclock that to 3.6GHz or so to get decent, playable speeds. That is for the first few parts. It gets much more intensive later.

otataral

Here is a screen shot of my settings. I left the fourth page out as i have nothing selected in it.

Ah. so it looks like overclocking it may be the answer.

Worse case i can always get my wii back from my sister to play it on there. it would be a shame though as i can already tell it looks much much better on my computer.
Your settings are okay. But you can try two options, maybe they can give you a very small speed up: "Cache Display Lists" and "Skip EFB Access from CPU".

And the rest: Overclocking, overclocking and overcloking. (And you can try the 30 FPS patch -> http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...Chronicles )

(04-09-2012, 05:57 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ](And you can try the 30 FPS patch -> http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...Chronicles)

How is that going to help?
Dolphin Wiki Wrote:...This makes gameplay smoother...

(04-09-2012, 06:04 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
Dolphin Wiki Wrote:...This makes gameplay smoother...

If your computer can handle it which his can't

otataral

Well i did what you guys suggested, also i over clocked to 3.2 for starters. Right now i'm running at 30 fps. it will occasionally dip to the low 20's just to jump back to 30 right away. it is much smoother. and this is playing with 4x ssaa

definitely much more playable now.
If I were you, I'd set the Internal Resolution to window size/x3/x4, and leave the AA off as it causes issues with the game.
Pages: 1 2