Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with Dolphin Graphic card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I bought this Asus which came with a Nvidia Geforce GT 520MX graphics and processor Intel Core i5 - 2.4 GHz.
When I first installed and configured dolphin version 3.0, in the section "Graphic configuration - General" I could choose as adapter my Nvidia graphics. After configuring it I could play Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess perfectly! Except in Hyrule Field, where the game slowed down a bit, as I expected. After a few weeks, when I got back to playing Zelda, the game started crashing a lot! I mean, I could barely move. I stil have that problem till this date.. I noticed in "Graphics configuration - General" that I wasn't able to choose Nvidia as the adapter anymore. Instead there is "Intel® HD Graphics Family" and it is the only choice availeble.
Now I can't even play One Piece Grand Adventure at full speed o:
What should I do? I'm a noob in this area and I could really use your help. I really wanted to finish Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.. Confused
I'm not english so I'm sorry for any grammar errors and I'm new in this forum so if this thread doesn't belong here, please move it instead of deleting it.
I appreciate your help and understanding.
Thank you.
Right click on Dolphin -> and select the NVIDIA High-End GPU. If this still not work, goto the NVIDIA Control Panel and goto the 3D settings. Now select for Dolphin the NVIDIA GPU.

And if this don't work either, update your NVIDIA drivers.
You should go in to your nVidia settings and set dolphin to use the better GPU and not to use power saving features. (In theory this isn't necessary, as it should change automatically when started, but this may help.) If you changed any other settings, try putting them back to what worked earlier.
(04-08-2012, 03:17 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on Dolphin -> and select the NVIDIA High-End GPU. If this still not work, goto the NVIDIA Control Panel and goto the 3D settings. Now select for Dolphin the NVIDIA GPU.

And if this don't work either, update your NVIDIA drivers.

I... Love... You!! *-*
Thanks a lot! It worked. I knew it was the "adapter" thing.. Now I can play Zelda again! Thank you so much!
By the way, can you explain why it changed to Intel HD? I'm still clueless if it was me or not.. o.o
It changed because of NIVIDIA Optimus i think.

Anyway, you're welcome Wink
We are here to help.
I'm really really really really appreaciated! Smile
I played LOZ Ocarina of Times and Majoras Mask when I was a kid. I would die if I couldn't finish this one.
Anyway, thank you so much!
I'll make sure to stay active in this forum. You guys gave me a good first impression Big Grin
Good.