Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random slowdowns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all

first, i'm sorry for my poor english, and i'll try to talk properly.
I've been searching for my problem in the forums, but i haven't found.

So here is the problem:
I'm playing Zelda - Twilight Princess, but when i get to any 3D environnement, i have a 20% slowdown, i stay at 80%. in the menus and the objects selection, i get to 100% and 30 FPS.

To fix it, i open the graphics window and close it by no changing anything
And, miracle ! i have constant 100% on 3D environnement and all the game.
But i have a serious problem: The texture of the map is messed up, like a big square filled of purples things...
so i can't use the map.. but the game is still fluid and i can play

But it's annoying, i want to play Zelda as i want, with constant 30 Fps and the map.

So i found out that if i restart my computer and i launch dolphin first, it works perfectly.
But if i close and reopen Dolphin, the problem come back..

My configuration:

Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor/CPU: Intel Core I5-2500 @3,7GHz Quad-core (8 threads))
Video Card/GPU: Gainward Nvidia GTS 450 850MHz GPU and 1800MHz mem
Memory/RAM: 8Go: 2x2Go DDR3 @ 1333MHz + 2x2Go DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-508-dirty

Thank you for understanding
and i really apologize for my language.
Pls post all your Dolphin settings (screenshot).
Change your graphics back-end to DirectX9 and use EFB Copies to RAM to fix the map.
Okay, first of all, set your IR to 2x, 1.5x or 1x (you have to try out, i don't know if your GPU can handle 2x). Besides, check "OpenMP Texture Decoder" and "Lock Threads to Cores". Also swtich your Backend to Direct3D9 and set EFB Copies to RAM.

And you can also try to enable the ZTP hack. Goto your game -> right click -> properties -> ZTP hack.

This should help ya.
It works !
Thank you for your help !
you're welcome, dude Wink
Oh, now the sound crashes, and when it does, the song that was playing stays so i can hear the same note, even in the menus, etc...
Try the LLE recompiler
You'll have to dump your dsp from an actual wii to do that, but there is advice and instructions in another thread, so just use the search button.
Pages: 1 2