Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [FIXED!] JIT Dynarec errors + Memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Computer Specs:
- Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 2x Patriot 1GB 800MHz DDR2
- Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GT

I have tried Dolphin builds:
- 3542( unofficial from emuCraze )

I have encountered the "Failed to grab 1GB of contiguous memory" panic handler on all these versions, on any game I try. I even tried it in safe mode to see if it was because of any of my running processes "injecting" themselves in Dolphin's process that causes this but to no avail.

Apart from this, after the error message goes away and the main game window comes up I'm left with a "Dolphin has encountered an error and needs to close" message. I was able to overcome this part by disabling the Dynamic Recompilation but get a very slow game speed. (~3 fps at 29MHz )

At first I thought it was the ISO which was faulty, but I tried Dolphin on another computer with the same ISO and it works perfectly. The other computer had much lower specs than this one but I still managed to get a decent 20-25 fps on it.

I took a look at the other threads in this forum for help. There were a few which contained steps to solve this problem but they didn't work. Anybody know of what could cause this and how to fix it? Would greatttllyy appreciate it. I'm just some guy who wants to play Mario Kart with his siblings! Have mercy! Sad
http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussi...emory.html
*Quick Edit*
Did you use panic handlers?
*sounds fishy*
maybe you have some-sort of rouge malware
(06-28-2009, 02:03 AM)dyoo Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussi...emory.html
*Quick Edit*
Did you use panic handlers?

I've gone through the steps listed in that link before this post, still no game Sad.

And yes, I was using panic handlers. Otherwise the "failed to grab 1GB of contiguous memory" error wouldn't have came up. 9 But the error would have still happened without any notification! )
___
EDIT: @Diddy Kong: I don't think rogue malware is able to modify memory nowadays without leaving some sort of detectable trace, especially with the new heuristics technologies in modern AntiVirus programs.

Oh by the way, I have Avira AntiVir, SuperAntiSpyware and ZoneAlarm free firewall as security programs. ( They're not the cause of the problem, I've tested it )

gcp111

(06-28-2009, 02:21 AM)Metamorphman Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @Diddy Kong: I don't think rogue malware is able to modify memory nowadays without leaving some sort of detectable trace, especially with the new heuristics technologies in modern AntiVirus programs.

Meh, maybe my AV sucks but I can write a program to inject memory into random processes Tongue ran as admin though.
Finally solved this!
After a bit of research into what contiguous memory actually was and looking around to find programs which use a lot of it, I came at a stop on Internet Explorer 8's doorstep. Uninstalled the bugger and voila! Dolphin works perfectly!

I've also noticed that the people who report this problem usually have sp3. As of such, they've most probably installed the update for IE7 or 8. If you're an IE7+ user and want to use dolphin, sorry to say, there's only the choice of uninstalling it.

Many thanks to the Dolphin devs for their excellent program!