Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card Problem (GameCube)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

drvelvet

I am using Dolphin for Mac OS X. I am not able to save anything to the memory cards. Any game does not recognize any memory card. I have no idea how these things work, how to set a memory card, what the hell I possibly have to do...

Specifically I need it for Animal Crossing.
your profile says you are using 3.0-586, which is the problem. use something before 3.0-583 or after 3.0-586 to create a new memory card.

tl;dr use 3.0-587

drvelvet

(04-07-2012, 09:12 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]your profile says you are using 3.0-586, which is the problem. use something before 3.0-583 or after 3.0-586 to create a new memory card.

tl;dr use 3.0-587

My apologies, I actually am using 587. I also downloaded 586 to see if that would help.
need more info in that case. did you download dolphin from the main website, compile yourself, download elsewhere?

have you changed any settings in dolphin?

in configure > gamecube is Slot A set to memory card?

does the official 3.0 work for you?

drvelvet

(04-07-2012, 09:51 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]need more info in that case. did you download dolphin from the main website, compile yourself, download elsewhere?

have you changed any settings in dolphin?

in configure > gamecube is Slot A set to memory card?

does the official 3.0 work for you?

Downloaded it from the main website.

I can't say if I changed any settings. Not that I know of, at least not until the saving stopped working. I believe I was able to save my game successfully at one point, but then the emulator stopped recognizing the card. After this point I'm not really sure what I did... when I clicked on the little rectangle with the [...] beside Slot A Memory Card, one file showed up named "sram.raw", which I deleted (I had read on this forum, from one[/i] of your responses actually, that deleting it should solve the problem). Aside from this, I'm not aware of anything else I might have done. But the problem arose before I deleted sram.raw.

Official 3.0 plays games fine for the most part aside from this issue.
there should be a file "Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Config/Dolphin.ini"
renaming/moving to another folder temporarily and test with any version except the 4 that I know willl not work (3.0-583,3.0-584,3.0-585,3.0-586).
if that works, check in that file under the section [Core] list what MemcardA is set to