Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to get decent speeds with Wind Waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

ishinjik

I've spent the whole day now trying to set up Dolphin to play LoZ : Wind Waker. I've searched up quite a number of threads and guides concerning running this game. I understand that I need to run DSP LLE to avoid desyncing audio which leads to crashing. I know about the glitches as well.

Anyway my specs are as follows:
CPU - Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.50GHz OC'd to 3.50GHz
GPU - MSI ATI Radeo HD4670 GDDR3 512MB
RAM - DDR2 4GB

Now, I don't expect to run the game at full speed as my machine has quite a bit of age on it. But I want to be able to at least stay above 20FPS and not drop to like 12FPS.

Earlier on I've just been trying to run the game in 3.0-578 and that runs the game slightly faster but does not play audio. I tried the 3.0 release and audio is there, but it's slower now.

My question is, can my machine actually play this game at the speeds I desire or is it just impossible? If it is possible, maybe someone can guide me to getting there.

Thanks in advance.

Settings on 3.0-578
[Image: 5.png][Image: 4.png][Image: 3-1.png][Image: 2-1.png][Image: 1.png]
Intel Pentium? You're kidding Big Grin

Forget it, bro ^^

ishinjik

(04-07-2012, 01:15 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Intel Pentium? You're kidding Big Grin

Forget it, bro ^^

Same processor, less RAM, on par graphics card.
I'm sceptical.
Okay... sorry. Well, there are many options to improve the FPS rate. First of all, post your settings.

Edit: @AnyOldName: Me too Big Grin Anyway, we should help him.
We should. We need the posts. Maybe someone should ask the youtube user.
Settings?
And you can also try ICC optimized builds. Your CPU supports afaik SSSE3.

They should give you a little speed up. (you can try my own ICC builds, just click on the link in my signature. And again: this is not advertising)

but yeah, post your settings. i said that some posts above.

ishinjik

Sorry, totally forgot about that. Updated first post with settings.

And I have my doubts about the video as well, which is why I'm asking you all for your opinions Smile

I am also currently downloading your ICC build. But mediafire is being slow as heck for some reason atm.
Disable following settings:
* "Disable Fog"
* "Force Texture Filtering" (this is useless in my opinion)
* "Auto adjust window size"

Check following settings
* Disable Peer-Pixel-Depth
* "OpenMP Texture Decoder"

And set your IR to 1x (your GPU should not be able to handle more afaik).

And also think about ICC builds Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4