Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 7 Fps max - Hunter reckoning wayward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, my specs are

Athlon 2 x3 445 (@ 3.2Ghz)
6870 1g ddr5
4g DDR2
500w antec 500D green

The game I am trying to play is being a bit of a pain (hunter the reckoning Wayward)

Now I can play most Wii games fine (including SSB) but this particular game seems to hate me I can't even get it above 7FPS.

I'm not very well versed in this emulator so I am still sifting through settings. changing the IR/AA/etc doesnt seem to give me an FPS boost :/ (it gives me the same fps as if it was on x1 then on x8 (or whatever the highest is))

Does anyone have any particular things I can do for this game to help speed it up? heck even 20~ fps is playable its just a top down shooter.
This game ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The...ideo_game)

Wayward is PS2 Exclusive
(04-06-2012, 12:38 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]This game ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The...ideo_game)

Wayward is PS2 Exclusive

That's not being very helpful :/ At any rate, I think the only Hunter game on the GC was the first one, Reckoning, so it's not hard to tell what the OP meant.

For the OP's problem, if you can change the Graphics options freely without performance hits, that means your GPU isn't the bottleneck and it's not limiting your system. It's probably your configuration or your CPU is bottlenecking your system. Try posting your settings as either text or screenshots.
(04-06-2012, 01:34 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2012, 12:38 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]This game ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The...ideo_game)

Wayward is PS2 Exclusive

That's not being very helpful :/ At any rate, I think the only Hunter game on the GC was the first one, Reckoning, so it's not hard to tell what the OP meant.

For the OP's problem, if you can change the Graphics options freely without performance hits, that means your GPU isn't the bottleneck and it's not limiting your system. It's probably your configuration or your CPU is bottlenecking your system. Try posting your settings as either text or screenshots.
Alright, and thanks. Sorry for the confusion

[Image: m6RoJ.jpg]

So in these pictures I just was toggling some stuff on and off to see if I could get an improvement.
Your CPU is hardly conducive for most games
(04-06-2012, 06:27 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is hardly conducive for most games

Really? I see people on here with E2200s still being fairly viable, and the game I want to play I personally don't see how it can hog up more resources then SSB

Most certainly I should be getting more then 7 fps right? I have never seen it go higher than 7.

Edit: you see in the picture my GPU is listed as a 5670, its not it. USED to be, I wiped the drivers etc, but this program still thinks its a 5670 even after a reinstall :/
You should use D3D9 backend and a more recent version btw
Athlons are considered weak for emulation but speeds are usually livable with
Tried the most recent version, and tried it with DX9, still no change, exact same FPS (Though the game does look brighter) and my GPU is still listed as a 5670 lol.
Try overclocking your CPU.
(04-06-2012, 07:12 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Try overclocking your CPU.

I can't really, my motherboard isn't anything to shake a stick at. No heatsinks on the mosfets/VRMs. True it was a cheap board but I'd rather not risk it Smile
Pages: 1 2 3