Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crash with any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, search was fruityless, so here i come:

I used to build Dolphin myself, i built about 4 releases from the 2500 branch, everything always worked and i even managed to finish RE Remake using them.
So when i finished this game, i stopped to build Dolphin for some time, and now, i'm trying to build release 3554 (after trying 3 other older releases sometime ago) and every time i try to start any game (RE Remake, RE4 or Umbrella Chronicles) Dolphin crashes before showing anything.
I tried a bunch of different configs, but the only diference is when i use DSP-LLE, in which case, Dolphin takes about 5-10 seconds to crash, but still without showing anything.

Help me, i want to see the improvements made from r2500.

In any case, here are some configs for my PC and Dolphin:

Windows Vista SP2 x64
Intel E8500
4gb RAM
ATi Radeon HD4870

Using PS3 controller (always used this)
Optimize Quantizers off
Enable Cheats off
Everything else on in Basic and Advanced Settings
Plugins: Dolphin OpenGL, DSP-HLE, nJoy 0.3
OpenGL: Only autoscale is on
DSP-HLE: Only Disable Streming Music is off

Thx in advance!

Cheers!
Why don´t you use already compiled versions of Dolphin? See www.mediafire.com/orleans
(06-28-2009, 03:26 AM)LP-Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Why don´t you use already compiled versions of Dolphin? See www.mediafire.com/orleans

Well, those builds are crashing either, as lots of others builds from others sites.

Well, I think it's something to do with SDL, i'm a intermediate C programmer and sometimes use SDL, but i can't tell if there's anything to do with it, but Windows shows it at failed module or something (My Windows is not english) when I click 'details' at the crash dialog.

gcp111

(06-29-2009, 09:45 AM)metraton Wrote: [ -> ]but i can't tell if there's anything to do with it,

Then learn to use a debugger... Smile
(06-29-2009, 09:56 AM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2009, 09:45 AM)metraton Wrote: [ -> ]but i can't tell if there's anything to do with it,

Yeah, i'm just lazy hehe Big Grin

Well, but since older releases works (built by me or others) and newer releases built by me or others don't, I just think it's nothing to do with the code or compilling procedures since those builds works for other people, so maybe a debug is not what I need, or i'm just wrong? Cool

gcp111

(06-29-2009, 10:49 AM)metraton Wrote: [ -> ]Well, but since older releases works (built by me or others) and newer releases built by me or others don't, I just think it's nothing to do with the code or compilling procedures since those builds works for other people, so maybe a debug is not what I need, or i'm just wrong? Cool

I'm not sure since I don't have the game, but you could just stick with an older revision if it works for you...
(06-29-2009, 10:49 AM)metraton Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2009, 09:56 AM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, i'm just lazy hehe Big Grin

Well, but since older releases works (built by me or others) and newer releases built by me or others don't, I just think it's nothing to do with the code or compilling procedures since those builds works for other people, so maybe a debug is not what I need, or i'm just wrong? Cool

Did you update C++ and directx?
I'm using DX SDK from november 2008, and if you're talking about the visual c++ updates, I have all of them.
its most likely because your using your old files with the new version. A major change happened to the game cache. try clearing that and see if that helps.
(06-29-2009, 01:33 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]its most likely because your using your old files with the new version. A major change happened to the game cache. try clearing that and see if that helps.

Dumped every old file I was using except memory card and now Dolphin is working. Thank you Big Grin

Speed in RE Remake is amazing, 60fps all the time, gona try RE0, RE4 and MGS Twin Snakes.