Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sigh i admit defeat...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
i have an i7-720qm HD 5870 8gig ram its a great pc but it faisl to run everything at even playable 80% no matter how much i tweak it. Was looking forward to playing DK but i cant get it past 70% and that is just a peak... usually runs at 65%

SO my quesiton is.
What are some good wii/gc games i could go out and buy for this build that will run smooth?
Huh ? You said you had i7 740QM in another thread . So which one is it ?
Try New Super Mario Bros , Muramasa The Demon Blade , Kirby Return To Dream Land ....2.5D games
Base on your info earlier, you have it running at 2.8Ghz on 2 cores and you checked Vbeam ?
Althought your i7 has double cache size compare to the i5 (Arrandale) but i7 7xxqm is 45nm CPU while i5 is 32nm CPU
See :

Yeah I noticed that too, could be a typo though.

As to your question jagernaut it's all up to you what kind of games you like. You shouldn't buy anything just because it can run good in Dolphin.
If you have some favorite games that you're interested in, just search around here in the forums for people with similar specs and games and see how things have turned out for them.

He should also fill out his profile to prevent any future confusions
give up...
a low cpu
is a low cpu
nothing to fix this
i7-740qm @1.73 Quad

Dual core is fuzzy..... While i read everywhere that this core gets roughly 2.8 per core when running 2 cores i JUST checked and it says im getting ~2.0 while running dolphin... Also i check my processor usage and none of them are being maxed out unless i lock threads to cores, in which case one core will be maxed out.

So i don't even know anymore....

and ~3.0 - 3.2 single
try lock threads to cores
Ah nice, yeah it bounces between 2.0-2.8 now and hovers around 2.55
In reference to GC games you could play, TimeSplitters 2 runs great, even on crappy hardware. I can get 70~100% (sometimes full-speed, comes and goes depending on how busy an area is) with a 2.16GHz T3400 and GMA X3100 equipped laptop, so yeah, you could run that game on your microwave. It's got tons of replay value too, the AI's more or less decent on higher levels as well for solo multiplayer, so if you don't have this game yet, you should :p SSBM isn't too hard to get decent speeds either.
So i was thinking about swapping out my i7740qm with a 920xm Thoughts? Would it be worth it for Dolphin? is it worth the 240$?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6