Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any luck with 3DRipperDX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dunno if talking about this is forbidden, but I don't want to use it for illegal purposes... Feel free to delete this topic if it's not allowed. Has anyone been able to get 3DRipperDX to work with Dolphin? Whenever I run it and hit the hotkey, everything except the background disappears and a captured frame appears in the destination folder. Except... there's nothing in the file. I've tried it many times with both formats and all the options, and nothing worked.

Has anyone had this problem and maybe perhaps fixed it? It's just a shot in the dark but I think it would be fun to mess with some character and environment models. (And I can't just extract them from the ISO because they're in a format I can't read. >_> .Pac's.)

Thanks! Big Grin
What I read from their site,

3D Ripper DX supports only DirectX 9.0 and 8.0 applications. OpenGL, older versions of DirectX and software renderers are not supported.

So if you're using the OGL plugin there's no chance, the DX9 could work if you use a revision of Dolphin where it works. Anyway I think people are decrypting the PACs (texture hackers etc.) but I'm not sure how they do that, go ask at stacksmash or something.

gcp111

Go google for an OpenGL geometry ripper. Unless you use the DirectX plugin, that's not going to work... Smile

You can also dump textures from Dolphin I think. They're obviously not going to be bound though.
Already tried OGLE with other applications and never got it to work, but I can't even try on Dolphin because my system has an integrated Intel graphics solution.

I've tried a few of the different PAC decrypters I could find for Smash Bros, but they aren't compatible apparently. I don't get any output. (This isn't smash bros, it's a capcom game.)

You think if I just keep trying different Dolphin revisions it might eventually work? I finally found one that would run the game...
Quick question... where does one find the old Dolphin builds? I've only been able to find three separate ones on the main site, all of which I've tried.

Sorry for the double post, I didn't think anyone would see an edit. Big Grin

gcp111

(06-28-2009, 11:47 AM)shermandude Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question... where does one find the old Dolphin builds?

There's a whole forum dedicated to SVN builds, http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html
moved
nothing wrong with this topic.
Well this ended in an epic fail yet again. Sad I tried a few SVN builds but some didn't even boot properly and the others did the same empty-frame thing. I wish I had the money to buy a rig that could support the OpenGL plugin... but then OGLE never worked for me anyway.

I guess I'm just never going to get those models. XD

;__;

gcp111

(06-30-2009, 06:21 AM)shermandude Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'm just never going to get those models. XD

Probably not. Tongue But all you would get is geometry, you'd still have to skin and texture it yourself. IMO it's not worth it.
Pages: 1 2 3