Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a question to ask all of you... I thought of building a computer with these specs and wanted to know what kind of FPS would I be getting with this computer when trying to emulate gamecubegames

antec nine hundred and 2 v3 gaming case
windows 7 pro x86 (Whatever one is the 64-bit computer)
intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
geforce gtx 560
2 tb HDD
16GB DDR3 2133
Those are perfect for Dolphin, now go build that PC
Don't forget a P67/Z68 MoBo Wink

Only with this special MoBo types, you can overclock your CPU.
It should do well
Unless you really need the additional features that the 2600K has, I'd advice you to get the 2500K.
With the money you save, get a good CPU cooler and overclock that thing.
i7-2600k is only 100 Mhz faster and has Hyper Threading (HT) which is only useful, when you want to decode/encode videos and stuff like this.

yeah, Garteal is right, get an i5-2500k Smile
(04-03-2012, 07:06 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]i7-2600k is only 100 Mhz faster and has Hyper Threading (HT) which is only useful, when you want to decode/encode videos and stuff like this.

yeah, Garteal is right, get an i5-2500k Smile

Well I am planning to play other games with this besides the dolphin emulator... like rage, mineraft, and many MANY others. So This should be perfect for me.
Games won't benefit from Hyper Threading. Believe me Wink
They will, but not enough to justify the cost, or even a few pounds/dollars/euros. The extra money would be better spent on a better GPU, both for dolphin and PC games.
No he's right. 99% of pc games don't benefit at all from HT, in fact many actually perform slower.
Pages: 1 2