Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What Speeds can i get with these Specs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

NeroX

Very Soon i am Going to upgrade my computer.
How fast would a majority of games work on this setup?these will be my specs:

CPU AMD Am3+ x8 Fx-8150 3.6 Ghz
RAM G.Skill-NT 4GB Kit DDR3 1333
GPU 2x Gigabyte 1GB 6870 PCI-E VGA Card
Slow....
You should search around before deciding to buy Faildozer FX series
AMD Bulldozer : More core , less performance per core . Even Phenom II could beat it
Intel Core i series : More and More performance per core
Dolphin doesn't not support quad core ( only 2 cores 2 threads)
You can overclock it to gain performance but that cpu is not worthy to buy ....
If you're AMD Fanboy , get Phenom II 965 instead but Phenom will struggle in those demanding games (SMG, The Last Story and so on...). Or get i5 2500k + Z68 mobo to blow e'm
Don't believe me ? you'll see it yourself
Yeah, Faildozer runs poorly on dolphin, sorry
No way...

P67/Z68 MoBo + Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.4 GHz = The ultimate Dolphin machine Wink
(04-01-2012, 08:19 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]No way...

P67/Z68 MoBo + Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.4 GHz = The ultimate Dolphin machine Wink

Yeah that's pretty much the ultimate Dolphin machine, but sadly it won't run every single game at 100% speed, close enough though.
yeah, but 90-100% game speed is guaranteed with this rig Wink

And: the difference between 90 and 100% game speed isn't so much noticeable
That's true I guess, but sometimes it makes all the difference depending on the game played.

If you choose to play with EFB to RAM, DSP LLE and other necessary settings to get a greater experience and more stable emulation speed is going to get a hit.
I dont think atm there is a hardware that can play ALL games @ fullspeed
I don't think so either, we'll have to wait a little bit longer before that day comes.
I can think of some hardware that can play all games at fullspeed: The actual Wii.

However that's just nitpicking your statement.
Pages: 1 2