Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Updating Gpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm updating my gpu from a 9400gt to a Ati Radeon 6670 HD Low profile card. I know that the card is better. So I'm sure I can run better games with it, but does anyone have this card and what is your experience with dolphin and if you want other games too. I'm on a 720p monitor and from posts it looks like I can run any pc game on ultra and dolphin will probably run great going by that but I still don't know. Anyone have any information? And someone please clarify, "low profile" means that the card in a single slot when the original is a dual slot and there aren't any cutbacks in performance, right? I'm still not clear on that. Sorry, I'm not good at getting new hardware and installing or good at knowing what some words mean about hardware.

Thank you all. ~garrlker
If i were you, i would upgrade to an Radeon HD 6xxx

It's certainly better Wink I can recommend the HD 6850.
AMD 6670 should be enough for 1080p
Nvidia 9400GT isn't enough for 480p
But i would get the latest AMD GPU 7750(109$) over AMD 6670
I have enough to buy a GTX 460 and I was going too but after checking with friends and google it turns out I'd have to buy a whole new computer due to my psu(235 watts) and I have a optiplex with the slim case so dual cards are out. One of my friends recommended a 6670 low profile so it will fit it the small case and not need that much power. According to him he can run battlefield 3 in 1080p on medium settings with his(also an optiplex 760). I was just wanting to know if the card performs well with dolphin. But if anyone can vouch for it that would really make me feel better about buying it. I'm going too, I just want to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth. Thank you though.
(03-29-2012, 03:32 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD 6670 should be enough for 1080p
Nvidia 9400GT isn't enough for 480p
But i would get the latest AMD GPU 7750(109$) over AMD 6670

Thats what the gpu post said but surprisingly i can get full 25 fps in 2x internal on Super Mario Sunshine with my 9400. I can't find a 7750 low profile version. If I find one I will get it. And thank you for letting me know it can handle 1080. Thats a relief.
(03-29-2012, 03:19 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]If i were you, i would upgrade to an Radeon HD 6xxx

It's certainly better Wink I can recommend the HD 6850.

or the 6870
without a good PSU 5670 6670 are your only good choices, those cars are great and cheapo, they are almost like an 8800 9800 4830 250
A power supply isn't expensive at all. I got a 550W one for £40 the other day, which isn't much compared to the cost of the GPU it can power.
He needs it to be low profile guys.
I called my friend and I'm ordering it. I'l post back when it arrives.
(03-30-2012, 02:25 PM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]I called my friend and I'm ordering it. I'l post back when it arrives.

A cheap, silent card which is perfect for that resolution. Very nice choice Smile.
Pages: 1 2