Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Switching to DX9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

LeChuk

HI,

I can see that Doplhin is running in Opengl mode in my system, and my Gforce 9500GT doesnt deal too good on Opengl, how can i switch to DX9? there is no DX10 driver?

Thank youBlush
Config -> Plugins -> Click "Dolphin OpenGL" -> select DX9
DirectX9 plugin is dead since revision 2484 so any revisions before 2484 of the DirectX plugin should work Tongue
where can I download 2484
You only need the old directX plugin.
So the old directX plugin you need would have to be from Rev 2483 or lower since it was broken on 2484.

Anyway found a link to the old working DirectX Plugin.
http://cid-47d60daecd484d97.skydrive.liv...deoDX9.dll

Say thanks to LuisR14
cheers will this help with the slow down Im getting when playing a game in open GL? I mean the game will show running at 30-40 fps but will be moving in slow motion
What is your pc spec?
My PC specs is. Quad core Phenom II 940 running at 3 ghz (Should clock it higher but I'll do that when I get a new mobo in the future since my current one is pants), GFX card is ATI 4850 512, I have 4gb of memory and my OS is windows vista ultimate.
*kick ass*
Try test-running with both OpenGL and DX9 then pick one that serves you better. Usually Intel chips like DX plugins instead of OpenGL, but it varies for every cpu. Mine, for example, I have Intel dual core 2.0 ghz, but it runs fine with OpenGL plugin.
Pages: 1 2