Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii Multiplayer Dolphin 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i can run MArio Kart Wii at 60 fps without any problems in singleplayer but with 2 players in splitscreen the speed goes down to 30 fps (43max)

My specs:
IntelCore2QuadQ6600
4 gb ddr2
ati hd6950

Dolphin 3.0, donno which rev (where can i see it?) downloaded it last week from server

tried many configs.
could someone help?

is my cpu to slow?

thank you
I have read before that multiplayer is more intensive. The more players, the bigger the hit. If memory serves (and I may be wrong on this), it increases GPU load more than CPU load. Since you have a 6950, have you considered BIOS modding it to a 6970? I did and it made a world of difference across the board in dolphin.
If you are interested (and you assume all responsibility):
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/159

I am not in front of my home PC so I cannot comment on my exact settings unfortunately.
Thank you,

yes I already have the 6970 bios but i didnt changed the clock speed yet.
I just overclocked my q6600Wink but i'll try to clock the gpu
Ok, now it worked quite well at 53-60 fps

cpu at 3,1 ghz
gpu at 880 mhz, 1300 memory clock

but after 2 races, dolphin crashed everytime...
Try the newest git revision (http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html). If the problem is still present, try it with the official Dolphin 3.0 release.
You don't need to overclock your GPU as it is plenty fast as is.

Your CPU is your weakspot. If you want to get better performance in 2p+, you'll have to change your motherboard, CPU and RAM.
Otherwise try to push your CPU and overclock it until you are satisfied (and what your CPU can handle ofcourse).

Quote:If memory serves (and I may be wrong on this), it increases GPU load more than CPU load. Since you have a 6950, have you considered BIOS modding it to a 6970? I did and it made a world of difference across the board in dolphin.
His 6950 should be able to handle this easily, provided he doesn't overdo it with the AA.
Also, don't compare your setup to his.
Thank you for your help,

seems like i should start to save my money Wink
i5 2500k ? does it have enough power?

today i'll get my wiimote plus and then i'll try to start zelda skyward sword. Hope it'll workWink

Yes, if you overclock an i5-2500k to 4.4 GHz, all games will run @ fullspeed with LLE enabled Wink