Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Whats the Problem for no Sound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

DaGame

Hi,
there a many Games for Gamecube and Wii who have no Sound (Zelda for example. Or Double Dash only in the Video on the start). Why? Info: I have the HLE-Plugin.

Is it to hard to build in the codec, or what?
The Winampplayer can play *.hps perfekt for example.
Ok, there are *.aw and other files to.

PS: What is the LLE-Plugin? What do I need for this? I can't run Game if I choose this.

pPS: What is the different between PC and Gamecube Games? It is possible to make a *.iso (...) to *.exe konverter or ....?

I hope you understood my english. I come from germany and was not very good in the school in english. ^^
Games you mentioned are known, sound work is still going on them. LLE-plugin was supposed to play them first, but with latest results, this can be doubted. And lol, you can't install GC games on GameCube unlike PC games. xD

DaGame

Thx for aw. I know that I can't install GC/Wii games like a PC Game. ^^ But in the theroy it works to konvert GC Games to PC Games. But it is very VERY hard. Maybe like a Gamemake. That convert the GC-Code to PC-Code.

LLE-plugin is working? But not on my PC. Why? What I need for run this plugin?
In the older dolphins. I get a message, that the LLE Plugin doesn't work. But now in the last vision I get nothing. Just the Renderscreen is in the button on the right and is black. Nothing is run.
How can I get the full Sound?
Can you tell me please?

PS: Good Accountname ^^. It does fit the topic.
Like you mentioned already, some games have "nosound" Big Grin

Even Zelda Twilight Princess started to make a few distorted sounds in recent revisions. Sound can't be fully emulated right now, so we have to wait a little.
Dolphin already translates and compiles the "GC-Code" (PowerPC Assembly) to "PC-Code" (x86 Assembly) using the JIT (Just-In-Time) recompiler. You need 2 bin files for LLE plugin, and even with the 2 files, its still not gonna give you full working audio. If you want full sound, then help the devs improve the code, because they are doing all they can to figure how the DSP decodes the sound in each game. HLE DSP has some groundwork of a AFC (a ADPCM format used in Zelda) Audio Decoder, and its very buggy and decodes all the samples at static rate (not all the sounds use the same sample rate).

gcp111

(06-27-2009, 12:06 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]If you want full sound, then help the devs improve the code,

lol most people here aren't programmers, let alone ones that can code for a foreign DSP Tongue
(06-27-2009, 12:16 PM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2009, 12:06 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]If you want full sound, then help the devs improve the code,

lol most people here aren't programmers, let alone ones that can code for a foreign DSP Tongue

Indeed, if they want sound badly, they should either help or wait. You don't see me working on the DSP, because I am not crazy for the audio.

gcp111

(06-27-2009, 12:21 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, if they want sound badly, they should either help or wait. You don't see me working on the DSP, because I am not crazy for the audio.

Mhm. The problem is people are impatient and think "HURR WELL YOU SHOULD STOP BEING LAZY" and they don't know it's not that simple and you guys code in your free time. Smile

So it's useless replying to these threads, in a way.

Also please fix *nix builds. Tongue
nakee can fix the *nix builds. Well we are lazy devs but we really work on things with motivation, people asking for too much is discouraging and will make us lazy in the end.

DaGame

We must looking to Gamecube. Download the Firmware (IC) and looking the Codec. Smile

I have an other qestion:
You know there are files in the GC/Wii games called *.aw (Waves).
What Programm can read this? What dll (for ex. Winamp)?
I have nothing found.

Gamecube can programm with C, right? Or c++?
But all the resources convert to gamecube files. This is the problem.
BUT the Files like aw, ast or thp are generated from any gamesfactory. How make they this?
Pages: 1 2