Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS on multiple PCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bryst

New to the board, and using Dolphin.

I have 2 rigs that I use, 1 is hooked up to my TV, so naturally I like to use it for emulation. The second is my main gaming PC.

PC 1:
Intel C2D E6600@ 3.0ghz
Abit IP35 Pro
2GB OCZ DDR2 800 @900
Sapphire 4770
Windows 7 Pro

PC 2:
AMD Phenom II x4 955@ 3.8ghz
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
8GB G. Skill DDR2 1600
2x MSI 6850PE
Windows 7 Pro

When playing Resisdent Evil 4 on both pcs I suffer from low frame rates. PC1 normally 22-26FPS 40-50VPS 98-100% and PC2 25-30FPS 50VPS 100%. This is with:

1360x768 Resolution
Directx 9
Auto Internal Res
No AA
No AF
Scaled EBF, Lighting and Texture filtering UNCKECKED.
All other settings under grpahics is left default.

I have tested both PCs with the same settings. What is making these PCs run at such a low FPS? I do not have the FPS limited. Are the framerates above pretty normal for the specs of the systems? Or am I missing something?
Overclock your CPUs.

Besides, set EFB copies to Texture and check Skip EFB Access from CPU. But overclocking is the best way to increase performance Wink

both cpu's have more than half the power in dolphin compared to overclocked sandybridge....
bit resident evil is how i know not a demanding game

but 100% is normal speed... its a 25fps game... if you are using the pal version
i don't see your probleme...
maybe in audio the option "audio throttle" is enabled...
but... what is your problem?
which rev did you used?
try pressing "TAB" it disables every limiter
Just to clarify on what dannzen said, some games natively run at 25 FPS for PAL and 30 FPS for NTSC rather than 50 and 60 FPS, respectively. A good example on the Gamecube would be Super Mario Sunshine. You should only worry about what percentage shows up; 100% means you're emulating the game at full-speed.