Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Whats diferrence between video card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an ATI RADEON HD5450 1GB DDR3 CEDAR but now it will burn so im most likely changing to AMD RADEON HD6450 1GB DDR3 SAPPHIRE whats difference? Clock for HD5450 is GPU CLOCK 650MHZ , MEMORY CLOCK 533MHZ im not interesting in upgrading for gaming but its the cheap that i see, i've readed page but still no find difference

I've find that different companies that makes card have lower clock than others
Well it depends on what purpose you have for the card but i believe most graphic cards i gauged by their memory bandwidth, the higher the bandwidth the better the performance you'll get
You really won't see much of a difference Undecided
I had a 1GB 6450 until about a week ago. It was pretty aweful, but marginally better than a 5450, which I had in another computer.
lol, get at least a 5670 6670 as minimum
I agree. You'll soon end up pining after a HD6950, like I did, if you buy a HDx450. The performance boost isn't worth the money, unless you don't have an integrated GPU and would otherwise be stuck with no screen.
the 6450 is a renamed 5450...
Not quite: I put my old 6450 in a computer which my brother uses, as an upgrade to the 5450 already in there, and he claims to notice a difference.
Quote:the 6450 is a renamed 5450...

.....no it's not. It's a totally different chip. The 6450 is a bit faster, not that much (50% if a remember correctly, but I probably don't remember correctly).
(03-26-2012, 05:28 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:the 6450 is a renamed 5450...

.....no it's not. It's a totally different chip. The 6450 is a bit faster, not that much (50% if a remember correctly, but I probably don't remember correctly).

50%? Big Grin
probably 10-20%
still a renamed 5450... in terms of speed in the 6xxx serie
Pages: 1 2