Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good Enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

leodiavata

I wonder if my pc can play some wii games
CPU :AMD Phenom IIx6 1055T 2.80 ghz
GPU :nVidia GeForce 9800gt
RAM : 4gb silcon power dd3
and please if possible post me settings for monster Hunter Tri (3)
im asking cause its my 1st time using an wii emulator
It will run some games, but not all.

Really you should have used the search to find people with similar hardware, or tried it yourself.
You should be alright if you overclock. Dolphin is usually a dual-core application (though it can use a third core in certain situations with LLE audio), so it can't really take advantage of CPUs with more cores than that. A Phenom with two cores running 2.8GHz should be decent for a number of games, but you'll probably have to overclock it if you encounter any slowdowns. Also I believe your GPU should be able to handle 3x internal resolution (1080p).

As for Monster Hunter Tri, have a look at the Dolphin Wiki entry on that game. Also, feel free to look around on the wiki for other games. You'll find out if other users have encountered problems and possible fixes. You'll also find out what kind of hardware people are running games on and how they perform, giving you an idea of what to expect on your system.