Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this lappy run Paper Mario: TYD on lowest settings with decent FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

So yeah the title basically explains everything: will this Samsung NC110 be able to run Paper Mario: TYD on the lowest of lowest settings? If it can run decent without sound I'll run it without sound. I also found out the price was 30 euro's more than it said it would be sold for.. bs. I'm kinda hoping it won't now, lol.

I can't find the spec on the processor, so have no idea. Do you know what speed and type it is. Model number would also help.
No, it has an Atom processor, it's going to be too slow.
(03-21-2012, 08:19 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]No, it has an Atom processor, it's going to be too slow.

Thanks allot! Yes I have heard the cpu isn't that good for playing games...
Can you maybe recommend A netbook (has to be A netbook) that is using
A CPU made by AMD, I am going for the cheapest possible here. Also I d-
on't want it to overheat obviously, so can it be A netbook that runs cool? I
know for A fact AMD CPU's are more bang for your buck, and their APU's
are very well made (very nice graphics on even the lower end CPU's).

Thanks again!
None Netbook can run any games on fullspeed
(03-21-2012, 08:42 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]None Netbook can run any games on fullspeed

Dude look at my title lol.

Please somebody help meh D:
If you're okay with 50% (or less) speed, then it's okay. Basically what's been said in other words already.
(03-21-2012, 09:20 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]If you're okay with 50% (or less) speed, then it's okay. Basically what's been said in other words already.

When you say 50% what FPS are we talking? (on TYD) Also can someone please name A decent AMD based netbook? Or A very cheap notebook, but those don't come cheap usually. I'm pretty sure 30 fps is good for any game right?
(03-21-2012, 10:22 AM)Dodge112 Wrote: [ -> ]When you say 50% what FPS are we talking? (on TYD) Also can someone please name A decent AMD based netbook? Or A very cheap notebook, but those don't come cheap usually. I'm pretty sure 30 fps is good for any game right?

TTYD is a 60 FPS game for NTSC-U and 50 FPS game for PAL. At half-speed, you'll be looking at 30 and 25 FPS respectively. I was okay with half-speed for lots of game before I got my current rig. Depends on your patience and willingness to play the game regardless of speed.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend a specific AMD-based notebook,since I have little experience with them. My sister's laptop is AMD based (dunno the CPU exactly, Turion X2 or something), circa 2009, and it runs Dolphin alright with older builds. Everyone's definition of "cheap" is different too. Have a specific price range in mind?

The thing are that you need at least a 2.2GHz dual core processor to enjoy the Paper Mario games (my specs are on the signature), I can say this because both Paper Mario TTYD and Super Paper Mario ran well on my PC, but suffered from random slowdowns (some of them very massive, dropping FPS from 50-60 to 15-20) in some stages...
Pages: 1 2