Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Action Replay codes for Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Do Not Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SilverSoldier249

No, I did not turn on the (M) Code (I even removed it) and I made sure that the cheats I wanted to use were enabled. The cheats I used were the Max/Infinite Badge Points and the Infinite Gold. When I start the game, the yellow text on top of the screen says that those codes are active (that should mean Dolphin is not at fault), but the game itself does not recognize that they are and just runs normally, as if I didn't put any codes in. Am I missing something, like a file, or is the game just being 'cheat-ignorant'?

Also, when I do enable the cheats. the textures of both Mario and his partners' faces are messy.
Make sure that the AR Codes are from the same region (USA codes with USA ISO, etc, etc)... Probably the codes that you got are wrong, since they are causing issues (textures of both Mario and his partners' faces messy) instead of doing the expected behavior

SilverSoldier249

UPDATE: I figured out the issue. It seemed that the codes that were originally put into the emulator for that game were invalid (most likely codes for a different region). I downloaded Gcncrypt and then encrypt the already put in codes to confirm this. I took Action Replay codes from SuperCheats.com, decrypt them into raw codes, replaced the old ones ,and the codes started working.