Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Enable cheats" gives HLE system tried to call an undefined HLE function 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RealX1

I'm trying to get codes working in my HM: Animal Parade(Wii). I right clicked the game, clicked properties, went to gecko codes/downloaded the codes. Even with no cheats check marked as soon as I click Enable cheats in config and load my save it crashes giving HLE error. As soon as I uncheck enable cheats my loaded save works again. I'm using a pretty new revision 3.0~432 but I'm not so sure that's the issue. Does anyone know what this error means or why enable cheats crashes even though I didn't check/activate any of the codes?
Yeh, two things:

1) Use the very latest version of Dolphin (3.0-459) which contains a fix for Gecko codes:

http://www.emucr.com/2012/03/dolphin-git-30-459.html

2) When you say "load my save", do you mean save-states? If so, this will not work if the "Enable cheats" option has been changed since the save state was made. Only saves using the normal game save will work.

RealX1

Excellent, your instructions worked! Most codes I tried worked. Thanks!

In case anyone else is having cheats problems-this is exactly what I did.
1.> First I loaded old revision, the game, and my dolphin savestate and 'saved in the actual game'. Closed dolphin.
2.> I copied the following folders from the old revision 'user' folder(wii, gc, and config) to the new revision 'user' folder and let it overwrite them.
3.> I loaded new revision(turned frame limit off). I chose my cheats and 'enabled cheats' in config.
4.> Loaded my game, loaded 'in-game' save, now codes worked. Most codes I tried worked but one didn't. Cheers!