Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my system good enough for Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thejarrow

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Processor (6M Cache, 2.90 GHz
ASUS ENGTX550 Ti DC/DI/1GD5
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Need anwser asap!!!!
Yes it will do fine.

thejarrow

Is there any difference in running an ISO and booting from dvd-rom!!!
Not really, other than that HDD have faster read speeds so loading times may be faster if the .iso is on a HDD instead of booting from a backup DVD.
IDK where i heard this, but if you disable hyper threading you make dolphin use 2 real cores, instead of the virtual core,
(03-19-2012, 02:08 AM)PaRaDoX_94 Wrote: [ -> ]IDK where i heard this, but if you disable hyper threading you make dolphin use 2 real cores, instead of the virtual core,

what?

By the way, you cannot boot from the original game disk anyways. And if you rip the game from the disk, there's not much point in burning it onto a new disk after that... you can just as well use the image from your hard disk.
(03-19-2012, 02:13 AM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2012, 02:08 AM)PaRaDoX_94 Wrote: [ -> ]IDK where i heard this, but if you disable hyper threading you make dolphin use 2 real cores, instead of the virtual core,

what?

By the way, you cannot boot from the original game disk anyways. And if you rip the game from the disk, there's not much point in burning it onto a new disk after that... you can just as well use the image from your hard disk.

in other forum searching something, a guy said if HT is enabled, dolphin will use only one real core, instead of the actual two
You can use programs like process lasso to always give dolphin high CPU and I/O priority and to prevent it from using logical HT cores.
Ugh........more posts with a giant "I don't know how HT works" sign.

Quote:dolphin use 2 real cores, instead of the virtual core,
Quote:in other forum searching something, a guy said if HT is enabled, dolphin will use only one real core, instead of the actual two
Quote:and to prevent it from using logical HT cores.

None of these make any sense. There is no such thing as an "HT core". And you can't "use a real core instead of a virtual core". With HT off you have one hardware thread/virtual core for each physical core and with HT on you have two hardware threads/virtual cores for each physical core.

I explained this awhile back, post #101: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...pid=196916
(03-19-2012, 07:58 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh........more posts with a giant "I don't know how HT works" sign.

Quote:dolphin use 2 real cores, instead of the virtual core,
Quote:in other forum searching something, a guy said if HT is enabled, dolphin will use only one real core, instead of the actual two
Quote:and to prevent it from using logical HT cores.

None of these make any sense. There is no such thing as an "HT core". And you can't "use a real core instead of a virtual core". With HT off you have one hardware thread/virtual core for each physical core and with HT on you have two hardware threads/virtual cores for each physical core.

I explained this awhile back, post #101: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...pid=196916

it's just a sgesstion I heard, not real experience with any core iX HT