Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does the overclocked speed show up when booting a game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SuperSpongo

Hey guys!

First of all, I am absolutely amazed by the progress that this emulator made. I tested version 2 something back when I bought my rig and didn't pursue it any further. Now I can play New Super Mario Bros. in full speed ... not a demanding game I know, but still - brilliant!

Couple of questions: I overclocked my CPU from 2.8 ( 21 x 133MHz ) to 3.3 ( 21 x 160 MHz ) and noticed that the yellow writing when booting up a game still says 2.8GHz. CPU-Z shows the correct value. Is it normal that Dolphin only shows the "stock" CPU speed?

Another thing is that I noticed on Mario Kart GC aswell as SMG that the background music does not loop properly and stops playing. I read in another forum entry that this can be fixed by using the LLE plugin but that this will give you a significant audio delay. This is the case with my setup aswell. Has there been any other fix in the meantime to get the background music working properly and if not, is it on the roadmap for the development team? It seems like a huge bug that affects many games.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Germany!
1. Dolphin only shows the stock CPU Speed
2. LLE fix'es every soundproblems...
but needs 100% emulation speed to work properly otherwise its not accurate

Du solltest dir nen neuen Cooler kaufen und auf 3.6ghz-4.0ghz hochtakten...
just overclock higher...

SuperSpongo

Thank you for the fast response Smile I figured that it would only show stock CPU speed.

Habe in der Tat heute nach Kühlern geguckt Big Grin
I'm still using the Intel boxed fan, so I'll check out another cooler. Any recommendations? It is an Intel Core i7 860, so socket 1156. I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money.

Thanks again!
i bought that cooler
http://geizhals.at/de/709890
this one is newer i think
http://geizhals.at/de/510765
but in the same pricerange
32-35€
any other CPU Cooler i could found with better results are starting @50-60€

iam using an i7-920 @3.8GHZ
idle 40°C
load 60°C
max temps where under full load(synth bench 70°C)

with the stock cooler and stock clock
idle 50-60°C
load 80-90°C

but beware...
i can't close my case -.- that thing is TO DAMN BIG
i miscalulated the high Big Grin

SuperSpongo

Thanks for your specs and recommendations!

Yeah, those babies wouldn't fit in my case either Big Grin I am a master at falsely measuring myself, just bought a microwave that is bigger than my frikking counter-top in the kitchen Wink
My CPU temperatures aren't that bad to begin with (35°C in idle) but I figured if I want to overclock a little more, buying a new fan is inevitable.