Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin has changetechnology has change/ computer specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
asked this along time ago, but dolphin has changed and technology has changed.

How would my computer specs hold up with dolphin. I am hoping for good reviews but ehh what can you do.
Well, as Dolphin's emulation tends to get more accurate over time, I think newer versions are kinda more demanding than older ones. Your GPU is fine for going up to 4x internal resolution, so you should be alright with that, and maybe lower IRs with some AA turned on.

As for your CPU, probably won't get full-speed in a number of games, specifically the SMG games, and others that require LLE. I think it'll do fair on games that aren't known to be demanding. A couple that I find run really well on lower-end are Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle and Time Splitters 2. I think you're kinda above average (cause I've seen and played on worse) but not there in the high end, though that's just my opinion, not fact. Don't know what else to say unless you have any specific games in mind.
damasta Wrote:Pretty sweet right!

I lol'd, not saying their horrible I've just seen a lot better Big Grin
(03-13-2012, 01:12 PM)damasta Wrote: [ -> ]asked this along time ago, but dolphin has changed and technology has changed.

How would my computer specs hold up with dolphin. I am hoping for good reviews but ehh what can you do.
jeah dolphin changed...

accuracy of dolphin has raised
hardware requirements raised

your hardware gets older every year... not younger
time for upgrade
(03-13-2012, 10:51 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2012, 01:12 PM)damasta Wrote: [ -> ]asked this along time ago, but dolphin has changed and technology has changed.

jeah dolphin changed...

accuracy of dolphin has raised
hardware requirements raised

your hardware gets older every year... not younger
time for upgrade

sigh.. true. I made this computer back in like late 2008. I may switch motherboards so I can use i5 cpu and get more ram.