Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Been getting really unexpected slowdowns...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pyrota

I just downloaded Dolphin rather recently and I've been getting odd slowdown that I didn't expect from my hardware, on any graphical setting. For example, in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, I'll have 55-50 FPS when zoomed out (once) on a map, and it drops to about 45 or lower if I'm moving around while zoomed out. However, this problem persists on every AA setting and IR setting across multiple games (Zelda: Wind Waker, when spinning the camera or moving around, Mario Kart Double Dash, etc...)

My specs are:

CPU: Intel i7 950 (3.07GHz)
GPU: AMD Radeon 6970 (1GB)
RAM: 6GB
Current Revision: 3.0-458

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
overclock to 3.6ghz
(03-13-2012, 06:57 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]overclock to 3.6ghz

Its recommended, i agree, however if i judge from my experience on the fire emblem ( on my i7 930 @ 3.8), those slow downs will happen anyway, i had the same kind of problem, just have some patience and go for the end, this is a great game.

obs: i dont remember the names, but im supposing the path of radiance is the WII version of the fire emblem Smile.

Pyrota

Thanks for the advice guys.

And kausdebonair, Path of Radiance is the Gamecube one, but it does have quite a few issues of its own. Mind that it's not the only game that slows down a little.

Anyhow, I'll overclock and come back with results when I get the chance later.