Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin wont find my graphics card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

kickphat

Ok i can run game somewhat find but for some reason the emu will only find my inter-grated graphics card and not my 2GB card that it has in it can someone please tell me other i can get around this as my laptop can switch between the inter-grated and my 2GB to save power when i don't need the 2GB one
go into ati settings
and dolphin.exe = highspeed

kickphat

i did that already but it still wont let me select it in the dolphin settings
right click dolphin start with ati gpu?
I am having a similar issue. I have an Nvidia GT 555 M and the integrated graphics. I have it set to run Dolphin with the Nvidia and it works fine with Dx9 and OpenGl.
However, when I play my Fire Emblem Radiant dawn game, there are glitches with graphics unless I use Dx11, but when I use Dx11, Dolphin does not see my Nvidia Gt 555. If I switch to either of the other backends, it sees the nvidia immediately, but not for Dx11.
Don't worry, it is still using the GT555M, even though it doesn't show it
Really? Is dx11 faster than OpenGl?
(03-14-2012, 05:57 AM)Caranthir Wrote: [ -> ]Really? Is dx11 faster than OpenGl?

It is
But DX9 is fastest, so if you can work out the problems use it. It should be the most compatible and OpenGL is also supposed to be more compatible than DX11
Also, you could try making a custom Radeon profile for Dolphin with catalyst control center, and force Dolphin.exe to run with admin privilages. Also, it goes without saying that you have the latest GPU drivers, and not some oem set.
Pages: 1 2