Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: POSMTX stream not supported. Win7 + Directx9 related?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

AlphaWeapon

Hey guys! I really want to thank all the Dolphin team in advance: you're all doing an incredible job, that i wouldn't ever have considered it possible, if not on a really remote time Big Grin

But, i also want some help, if that's possible Wink
I have a Q8200, quad core, with an ATI HD4850. Being that i have an ATI card, i set the DX9 video plugin, since OpenGL says it misses the required extensions, or something like that. BTW, when i try to run ANY GC/Wii game on the emu, it just gives me messed up graphics and various problems. Let's take SSBB. It runs smoothly to most people right? Well, with me, it just doesn't.
http://i44.tinypic.com/28qw3zc.jp
Other than that, it seems to run at constant 50fps, even though the intro is pure eyerape.
When i go to start a match, it just gets worse. The fps drops to 3, and after 5-6 seconds, it gives me the following error: "POSMTX stream not supported: [random number]"
http://i44.tinypic.com/122fc4w.jpg
This goes for every build, including the SVN nightly builds.
So... i don't really know. I'm using Windows 7, x64 version. Does that affect the result?
I tried using a Virtual Machine, but that really goes nowhere... it just doesn't recognize the plugins.
I updated the directx9 drivers to the latest version, so it really isn't the problem..
Search function didn't give me any results, apparently i am the only one having this problem... So, any help? I think it is related to the DX9 plugin.
Meanwhile i'm trying various solutions. Even if this thread won't resolve this problem i don't care, it's just to help debugging the Emu, so thank you everybody in advance.
You should use OpenGL plugin to play games smoothly Huh Strange. Do you have latest C++ Redist. SP1 installed?
I think I may know what your problem is, If you are using the ATi Windows 7 preview drivers (Which I have done in the past) that is why OpenGL is not working, It doesn't actually support OpenGL with those drivers (Weird, I know). If you are indeed using the Windows 7 Preview drivers I would suggest to download the latest Vista ones instead.

AlphaWeapon

(03-30-2009, 02:17 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]I think I may know what your problem is, If you are using the ATi Windows 7 preview drivers (Which I have done in the past) that is why OpenGL is not working, It doesn't actually support OpenGL with those drivers (Weird, I know). If you are indeed using the Windows 7 Preview drivers I would suggest to download the latest Vista ones instead.
uh, wow that's it
I didn't think about it... brb installan drivers, then letting you know.

EDIT
Uh... that works
It works at full fps. The problem was from the preview drivers, yes.
Thank you really much guys ^^

Ranger093

Use the new official win 7 beta drivers from ATI.

ZolarieS

I got the same problem...

when i use Dolphin Direct 3D9, a window pops up telling
Posmtx stream not supported correctly. 20/16

and when i use Dolphin OpenGL, the thing i can only see
are MANY assorted color horizontal lines

that way, i cant RUN even the SSBM which runs perfectly
to other Dolphin users..

what seems to be the problem ?

Video Card ? C++ ? OS ? Processor ? Build ?

Confused Sad

My Specs.
GeForce 7300SE/7200GS, Integrated RAMDAC (updated)
WinXp Pro,5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3
AMD Sempron Processor 3200+ 1.8Ghz
1gb RAM
Dx9 (updated)
Dolphin Rev 3873

Super Chris Toadstool

i got a problem Sad i am using dolphin revision 3003 and im using dx9 gfx and it runs the speed i want it to but the screen is black and after 40 seconds it says Posmtx stream not supported correctly. 44 thain the same message appears with the number 32 thain 28.

im using a Mobel intel chipset Family video card and im using a Dell Hybrid
(04-26-2011, 06:44 AM)Super Chris Toadstool Wrote: [ -> ]i got a problem Sad i am using dolphin revision 3003 and im using dx9 gfx and it runs the speed i want it to but the screen is black and after 40 seconds it says Posmtx stream not supported correctly. 44 thain the same message appears with the number 32 thain 28.

im using a Mobel intel chipset Family video card and im using a Dell Hybrid

Use a newer Dolphin
yeah, there have been more then 4400revision since then
Pages: 1 2