Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: (GC) Metal arms Glitch in the system( slow ingame)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Trying to get metal arms to run at a decent speed during gameplay, Ive tried a number of different configurations, disabled dual core as suggested in another thread. Dont think my sys specs are a problem as i run alot of wii games with no lag. I keep getting this error
Error: compiling at 0. lr=8033b300 ctr=00003055
This happens if i try to use hle in the dsp settings. LLE runs around 30 to 40 speed during gameplay which imo is too slow to play. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 7 home premium
Amd phenom II x4 2.8ghz
8gb Ram
Nvidia Geforce 210
(03-09-2012, 10:24 AM)crishell Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to get metal arms to run at a decent speed during gameplay, Ive tried a number of different configurations, disabled dual core as suggested in another thread. Dont think my sys specs are a problem as i run alot of wii games with no lag.

Thing is, every game is different when it comes to hardware demands. Some GC games are more demanding than most Wii games, like F-Zero GX. At any rate, I think your GPU is kinda on the weak side, so try lowering your internal resolution and anti-aliasing. If that doesn't change your performance, then that probably means your GPU isn't the bottleneck. In that case, you'll have to look at your CPU. Overclocking might be the easiest solution, so long as you can keep your temps down.

As for settings and configuration, I don't believe you'll gain anything from disabling dual cores, so you might as well keep that option checked. On the newer versions of Dolphin, LLE on thread has gotten a nice boost, so make sure to check that in your DSP settings. It'll let you use a third core, and it's essential to getting good speed with LLE, in most cases anyway. Stick to LLE to avoid that error you mentioned, though LLE demands more from your hardware.

Also, if you could, post all of your settings. When you click the Config button, look at the General tab. When you click Graphics, look under the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.
Here are my current settings , your help is much appreciated btw Smile pretty much speed runs at 100% untill the actual gameplay then im at about 30 to 40.
[Image: vqh47l.jpg]
[Image: d8ty1.png]
[Image: lv3gn.png]
[Image: 2yjzyua.png]

gumby_trucker

I'm also experiencing the same error on version 3.0-374 dirty
Error: compiling at 0. lr=8033b300 ctr=00003055

Win7 64
i7 720
geforce gts 360m
8 gb 1333 mhz
For Metal Arms you should use older revisions. I don't know why but this game tends to not work with recent builds. It works fine with Dolphin 2.0 and r6505 too. I know it's old Big Grin
On r6505 i get black and white screens and only music, i see the loading at the bottom then nothing after that but music, on 2.0 i get the same and some times the compiling error unless i press start really fast also with r6505 and 2.0 i only have the option of openGL. I would try dx9 or 11 but it doesnt let me switch.
(03-11-2012, 03:28 AM)crishell Wrote: [ -> ]On r6505 i get black and white screens and only music, i see the loading at the bottom then nothing after that but music, on 2.0 i get the same and some times the compiling error unless i press start really fast also with r6505 and 2.0 i only have the option of openGL. I would try dx9 or 11 but it doesnt let me switch.

You have to go into Config/Plugins to change your backend
Thanks for helping with this. I switched to dx11 and 9 and openGL in 2.0 and r6505, still white screens and black with music, sometimes compiling error. 3.0 plays the game at slow speeds (30-40% with lle. Im thinking hle would fix the speed but i cant get a way around the compiling error. In 3.0 with default settings, if i hit start fast and skip to the game menu it runs fine untill the first cutscene and then hangs.
The game may hang on the first cutscene :
-either disable Dual Core
-either use LLE
-if it still hangs retry and retry it will work (then make a save)
EDIT: Yeah i used default settings and just switched to xaudio2 and now I can use hle with no recompiling error. Speed is still only at about 50% tho but i guess ill keep messing with it abit an see get the speed up. It confuses me a bit bc this is no more graphical than metroid prime 2 echos and i get prefect speed there... pretty much the only thing ive accomplised is getting it to work with hle, which i thought would increase the ingame speed but alas ...

Pages: 1 2