Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario (GC) low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't get Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Door to work properly. First I used SVN build 1546 and I could get it to run with Dual core enabled. The intro (before menu) went like 50-60fps and when I got to the menu, it was about 30. When in game, it was unplayable (about 10fps) and in Rogueport less than 2fps.

Then I tried SVN build 2195 and I couldn't run it in dual core (crashes saying that disabling dual core could fix it) and the FPS is at 20-30 and in game 1-10.

System Specs

OS - XP Professional 32bit
Processor - E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory - 2024MB RAM
GPU - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 260 896MB RAM

Thanks for reading.

cmccmc

try a newer revision like in the 3500
or, if all versions are slow, just stick with the old version. Higher version number isn't always better.

cmccmc

But there usually more compatible less bugs and it WON'T HANG IN THE NEWER REVISIONS
try using 3400-3450s
(06-25-2009, 03:22 PM)dyoo Wrote: [ -> ]try using 3400-3450s
I can now play it in 1546 in OpenGL at 30-60fps but it hangs at the fence part. Now I tried 3404 and the game is really slow in OpenGL (+60fps in splash screen but 2-3fps in game. Direct3D9 goes much slower. I've tried running in IL but no help. Where can I download newer versions?
I have the same specs as you (except 2 more GB RAM) and I run mostly fullspeed in Dolphin IL (slower in the city). Not sure if RAM is that important to Dolphin or else you should get the same.
What revision are you using? And what settings? Thanks.