Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: They used to call me Prophet.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And then the best FPS I have played in my life was over... Crysis 2.

I know Crysis 2 have been out for quite some time now and I loved the first Crysis games for PC, but this was fucking amazing.
New York have never looked so good in a video game before.

Hope they make a 3rd installment (4th technically since Crysis Warhead was a alternative installment to Crysis 1) and a kick-ass movie.

I wouldn't mind having a nanosuit to my disposal at all either. *Cloak engaged*

Any other Crysis fans here? What did you thought about the game when you played through it?
One of the best PC games ever. I'll sign for a sequel Wink
Crysis was the game that made me like FPS genre again, after years. Now I'm playing Battlefield 3 and loving it because of crysis. I loved the sequel as well, tough I wasn't very happy with some of the things they pulled out from the 2 that were in the first one. (E.g. The main character speaking) and I liked Nomad, it is a shame that things had to go that way. Anyways, the second game is better in every other aspect, and I'm a big fan of the series.
So, should I upgrade my card for this game? I'm about to buy a card and the GT460 is in muy budget. How well does this card perform with this game?
A GT460 should give you acceptable performance, my 9500gt managed to give me playable speed with everything at High in Crysis 2 (Which is in that game the lowest setting), but the graphics still rock Tongue

I bought a GTX 560 yesterday, should arrive either tomorrow or monday.
(03-09-2012, 08:25 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]Crysis was the game that made me like FPS genre again, after years. Now I'm playing Battlefield 3 and loving it because of crysis. I loved the sequel as well, tough I wasn't very happy with some of the things they pulled out from the 2 that were in the first one. (E.g. The main character speaking) and I liked Nomad, it is a shame that things had to go that way. Anyways, the second game is better in every other aspect, and I'm a big fan of the series.

Yeah the Crysis games is really amazing as they make you want to play even more FPS games, games you might not even liked before too.

I can agree with that whole Alcatraz and mute thing, everyone talked except him and it felt lame in Crysis 2.
Not something I want to happen again, next time make the dude speak.

Quote:So, should I upgrade my card for this game? I'm about to buy a card and the GT460 is in muy budget. How well does this card perform with this game?

It performs really good, I have played through both Crysis and Crysis Warhead with a GTX460 card and it went well on high so I think a GT460 will suffice.

Another thought though, I'm playing Crysis 2 on the PS3 and unlocked a rather hilarious trophy, Can it run Crysis?

I can't imagine this is relevant today with a game released November 2007.
Most folks should be able to play it pretty decently these days....I hope
Quote:best FPS
Quote:Crysis 2

[Image: 1329697955565.jpg?1329704508]

Good god, not even close.

Quote:Any other Crysis fans here? What did you thought about the game when you played through it?

I LOVED crysis, but didn't bother with crysis 2 due to the fact that when it first came out it had no editor or dev. tools, an inferior graphics engine, was consolized to hell (they actually left messages like "press start to continue" and "please do not turn off the console" in the PC version, that's how lazy and/or rushed they were), and had multiplayer that was basically just CoD with nanosuits (and I'm not going to pay $60 for an 8 hour campaign that isn't that good). The gameplay looked moderately fun but the story is garbage (as usual). They fixed pretty much all of these issues but it took them an entire year worth of patches, updates, and eventually releasing the new sandbox editor. I suppose I should get around to buying it now that they've gotten it up to par with what it should have been originally but the mod community is still very very weak. Whereas by this time the original crysis had an insanely active modding community. The modding community provides most of the interesting content for a game like this, the main campaign is just not good enough by itself to make the game worth it.

I loved the multiplayer of the original crysis. The only problem was the lack of content and the fact that so few people played it (most people bought the game for single player and modding). They've completely ruined it now in my opinion.

Shattered horizon had the same problems with multiplayer as the original crysis, god I loved that game, such a shame that so few people got to play it or even knew it existed.

Just my 2 cents.

The original crysis was good because:
-amazing engine
-gameplay that offered something totally new and original (and was actually pretty fun)
-amazing modding community
-amazing dev. tools included for free
-multiplayer was actually pretty fun

Wars/Warhead was decent, it didn't really bring anything new to the table though.
Those are good and valid points NV and I respect your opinion sincerely, were all different.

Well for me it's the best FPS yet, I love every minute of it every time I play it so no need for a WAT owl picture.
It have everything I want from a good FPS so I'm covered just like the other Crysis games, but I liked this even more because of the location with the beautiful New York environments.

Frankly it's quite easy to please and make me love a game, I'm a sucker for most things.
I'm guessing you only care about single player gameplay so that takes a lot of games out of the equation but:

Good/Great FPS games that I would recommend:
-The entire half life series
Every single game in the series is an instant classic. It has earned an unrivaled reputation as the golden standard of what FPS games are supposed to be.
-Star Wars Jedi Knight series
Fun as hell.
-Mass effect series
The first game is absolutely phenomenal, a must play for any sci-fi fan that enjoys story and art driven video games. The second one is great (including all of the DLC) and the third one is good but has a very bad ending imo.
-system shock series
-deus ex and deus ex: human revolution
-star wars republic commando

Ok FPS games that I would recommend:
-bioshock series
1st one is good the 2nd one is ok
-stalker series
I've never played it to be honest but it's on my "to-play" list and has a great reputation.
-metro series

I'm sure I'm missing a lot. There are loads of FPS games that I've played with amazing multiplayer, most FPS games tend to be multiplayer oriented.

Edit: Updated the list.
Yeah what I liked most about the first one was the graphics, it was so amazing, they are still very up to date if you play. I didn't like the console porting either. The PC already lacks of good exclusives and Crysis 1 was in 2007/8 a hell of reason to upgrade or buy a PC.
Pages: 1 2