Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Leak Running IOS Wads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to Run IOS Wads (I know you not suppose to) in the Dolphin Game Browser, Memory Leak Occurs, Memory usage goes beyond 3GB. and even Windows becomes Unstable.

(03-08-2012, 11:05 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]When trying to Run IOS Wads (I know you not suppose to)

Why not >.>
I'm not sure if we are suppose to even support people with win 8
A single program using 3GB of memory, now i've seen it all >_>
dolphin doesn't actually run arm binaries (ios), ios is HLE'd.... maybe it would be better if we reject them.

what do you hope to accomplish by running an ios wad, and what do you expect an ios wad to do?
(03-08-2012, 11:49 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]A single program using 3GB of memory, now i've seen it all >_>

Try editing videos on Adobe After effects, then you'll see what's RAM usage.
(03-09-2012, 04:45 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]dolphin doesn't actually run arm binaries (ios), ios is HLE'd.... maybe it would be better if we reject them.

what do you hope to accomplish by running an ios wad, and what do you expect an ios wad to do?

I use Ios58 for booting Mii Channel and other Wads in the Wii Menu, otherwise i get black screen or "HLE System tried to call an Undefined HLE Funtion 280152".

Full Functional Wii Menu without the use of Ios Arm binaries would be ideal.

all you really need to do is use Tools > install wad for ios files

are you saying that by running ios58 before booting the mii chanel that you think it is changing something? running an ios currently crashes dolphin... no memory leak here... and cannot change how well another channel or game works.

some games may need the ticket file for a particular ios to run properly (install the wad for this), but nothing more
(03-09-2012, 03:06 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]all you really need to do is use Tools > install wad for ios files

are you saying that by running ios58 before booting the mii chanel that you think it is changing something? running an ios currently crashes dolphin... no memory leak here... and cannot change how well another channel or game works.

some games may need the ticket file for a particular ios to run properly (install the wad for this), but nothing more

The games are fine when launched through the Dolphin Game Browser, but i'd rather launch the games in the Wii Menu, as its easier with my HTPC setup as well as Mimicking the Wii

I installed Crystal Defenders R1 and R2 Wad, launch through the Wii Menu then "Dolphin.Exe has stopped Working", with Dolphin [Fifobusy 3.0-439]